Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

Guard Dogs

I am getting pumped for my cow elk hunt. Since I had work late this week I started packing the truck last night so we can leave as soon as possible after work on Thursday. After reading all of the posts on this website about people getting their hunting gear stolen from their houses and trucks I started to get paranoid. I decided it was time for my pups to turn into working dogs and earn some of their dog food. They successfully fended off all of the scumbags last night and just have one more night to go. On a side note, is anybody else hunting up north worried about the weather this weekend. I am hoping it is not like a few years ago when all the hunters got snowed in unit 10. We will play it by ear and hope the weather cooperates.

post-3890-0-34025700-1322671470_thumb.jpg

Good idea. I bet those dogs are meaner than they look!! :o

They are sweeties, but I know they would bark like crazy if somebody tried to get in. I think that would be enough to scare most low lifes off.

I bet they were ticked about sleeping in the truck! Lol!

Better make sure they didn't mark all your stuff too.

Heard too many stories of loading the truck the night before and then getting ripped off. We have a rule at our house. If the truck has a gun or optics in it, it is never left alone unless it is in the garage and the truck is locked. Even on the trip up if we stop, someone always stays with the truck. Scumbags will not ruin my hunt. Sounds like snow Thursday thru Monday. We will be in 7W. Good luck on your hunt in 10.

Heard too many stories of loading the truck the night before and then getting ripped off. We have a rule at our house. If the truck has a gun or optics in it, it is never left alone unless it is in the garage and the truck is locked. Even on the trip up if we stop, someone always stays with the truck. Scumbags will not ruin my hunt. Sounds like snow Thursday thru Monday. We will be in 7W. Good luck on your hunt in 10.

I am not going to load my gun or optics until right before we leave. I think I might get fired from my teaching job if I had a rifle and ammo in the parking lot.