Sign in to follow this  
cohofishing

2011 Late November Coues

Love the backpack hunts! Congratulations! I too have a Big Agnes backpacking tent...it's the seedhouse 2 I believe, excellent, lightweight tent that is still somewhat roomy.

Good Morning,

Just got home from a trip to El Paso.

The tent is the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2. The package weight is 2lbs 10oz, and the trail weight is 2lbs 2oz. You can do the fast fly weight 1lb 10oz. which is the fly, pole, and footprint. I don't own the footprint. I have a custom blue trap one that I made. A little more weight, but it feels a little better putting a $350.00 tent on something tougher.

This is my fourth trip using this tent with weather ranging from 8 degrees with snow to 95 degrees and monsoon rain. I love it. A little tight for two people but it makes a great one man tent considering it weighs less than my old bivy tent.

Thanks,

Brent

Congrats on a very nice buck! I've always toyed with the idea of getting it together enough for a back pack hunt but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

That's a hunting adventure right there...my brother and I have contemplated the backpack hunt, but know my luck it would snow, etc. Congrats on a great buck!

Very nice Brent!

Congrats!

I am still hunting, we'll see what next week brings.

Jeff