Sign in to follow this  
ronaldo

Muzzle brake

Im looking to put a muzzle brake on my 300 win mag that kicks like a mule. Also lookin for a decelerator pad install. Any idea on what i should expect to pay for either and a good gun smith to do it?

Ron

I'd recommend starting with a 1" decelerator pad and seeing if that was enough. Not a fan of muzzle brakes due to the noise and flying debris when shooting prone. I have a brake on my lightweight .300 win Mag, but once I added a decelerator pad I stopped using the brake.

Mike

Give Todd South a call in Mesa, $130 bucks for a brake. He does great work and quick turn around. If you need references, he has done a few for the guys behind the gun counter at Sportsmans Warehouse in Mesa. He can prob do your decelerator pad to.

Todd # is 602-677-3791

I 100% recommend Todd, he put one on my 300 WSM and did a great job.... I did not enjoy to shooting that gun....however after the break, I love to shoot it, shot it yesterday and enjoyed the heck out of it. At $130 bucks you can't beat it. He also did some minor work on my rings/base.

I 100% recommend Todd, he put one on my 300 WSM and did a great job.... I did not enjoy to shooting that gun....however after the break, I love to shoot it, shot it yesterday and enjoyed the heck out of it. At $130 bucks you can't beat it. He also did some minor work on my rings/base.

+1

Todd is a great guy, did a brake on my 7mag and very happy with the price/workmanship.

i've put a couple of the simms pads on my hard kickers and they really tamed em down. only rifle i have with a brake is Farkiller, my .300. when the guy machined the barrel he ordered a blank long enough that he could make the brake part of the barrel. no idea what he charges. i'd rather not use a brake because of the stinkin' noise. seems like i can't ever find my ear plugs when i'm hunting and need to shoot. but i had to have a total shoulder joint replacement a few years ago and it gets sorta sore when i shoot a real thumper much. but try one of the simms pads. they really make a difference. Lark.