Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

First Buck Of The Season

Thanks for the reply's all! Mexico is a magical place this time of year, especially when you have a tag in your pocket and all the country as far as you can see is yours, and ONLY yours to hunt! We have 6 ranches all back to back in one area and it's like basically having a whole unit to yourself, very overwhelming but very cool and definitely worth the price of admission! I can't wait to see what else we find and will keep ya posted! JIM>

Thats a great average! two days ago most of the bucks we were seeing in Sonora were with does. Out of 60 bucks 4 bucks were already boken in some way.

- Corey

That's the reason to go to Mexico,very nice buck.

STUD is right - looks biger than 117 to me. How was the moisture, and do you think it was a good year for horn growth? Have a hunt later on in Jan that I'm foaming at the mouth for ;)

STUD is right - looks biger than 117 to me. How was the moisture, and do you think it was a good year for horn growth? Have a hunt later on in Jan that I'm foaming at the mouth for ;)

Hey Kevin, I'm thinking it's an average year for horn growth and possibly on the low side. I've only been on the desert ranches so not sure about up high, but where the rains fell in the Sonoran desert was hit and miss.

I've seen some breakage and some sporadic rutting activity but nothing serious yet. The biggest bucks we've seen are starting to hang close to doe groups and occasionally check them out but I haven't seen any full on rut action yet with the bigger bucks.

I think/hope 2 weeks from now it'll be "on like donkey kong"! :P

Very nice Jim. The hunter must be one happy hunter for sure with that buck. :)

TJ