Sign in to follow this  
soccerstar2013

Pigs in 37a?

I haven't hunted there in at least 20 years, but there was a long north/south canyon west of the ranch that always had a herd or two in it. Don't know why there still wouldn't be pigs there.

Bill Quimby

Take Rail X main entrance to power line turn right and go all the way down to where theres a water hole basically in the middle of the road, the road goes around it then keep going down power line after that theres a road on your left that takes you to a water hole about 1/2 a mile away. dont park at the water hole but close. theres a hill on the north side of that hole you can glass from, this last january i seen a heard of 24 pigs right there then on the south side of that water hole they cross threw. i dont mind telling you this cause they messed up my deer hunt haha

heres a few of them

sunp0004.jpg

Seen pigs and mule deer in the unit but not a lot. Mostly flat small rolling hills. Try up by the power transmitter off of 79. Can't drive in at the transmitter but couple miles up the road there is an entrance to the area.

i have seen quite a few muleys out there and a few white tail, i basically grew up on rail x ranch by the power station is some big ones and all down powerline there is some good ones

I live in 37a, there are 18 of those nasty critters living in a culvert pipe in front of my house, they ate my granddaughters watermelons , all my wifes roses, and love the acorns under my southern oak tree. Come on by and stick one!!

I live in 37a, there are 18 of those nasty critters living in a culvert pipe in front of my house, they ate my granddaughters watermelons , all my wifes roses, and love the acorns under my southern oak tree. Come on by and stick one!!

18 you say????

Now that I think about it, I should have never said "come on by and stick one". Heck ,I have a archery Javelina tag and its not even in 37A. Mines in 33. kinda figured I would have more fun finding em out in the desert and stalking up for a shot. Those in the culvert have been around every fall and winter for several years, after seeing them destroy mine and the peoples property around me, I guess I just do not consider them GAME, more like Large Rats!!

Now that I think about it, I should have never said "come on by and stick one". Heck ,I have a archery Javelina tag and its not even in 37A. Mines in 33. kinda figured I would have more fun finding em out in the desert and stalking up for a shot. Those in the culvert have been around every fall and winter for several years, after seeing them destroy mine and the peoples property around me, I guess I just do not consider them GAME, more like Large Rats!!

garbage pigs I could shoot the pigs that roam my neighborhood easy but what fun is that and I wouldnt eat one.