Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Took the kids quail hunting

I took my kids out quail hunting outside of Bagdad... Between spots between quail hunting we decided to make a stand in a large rock pile.. I told them we will call a fox for sure..... Not one, but two... Look like happy kids 2 me. Dad shot them both at 900 yards!!!!! Ok 200, but who is counting..

Whitey

post-2950-0-76713500-1325299665_thumb.jpg

I took my kids out quail hunting outside of Bagdad... Between spots between quail hunting we decided to make a stand in a large rock pile.. I told them we will call a fox for sure..... Not one, but two... Look like happy kids 2 me. Dad shot them both at 900 yards!!!!! Ok 200, but who is counting..

Whitey

Notice the perfect shot placement!!!! Just saying..

Whitey

People keep telling me fox are a dime a dozen out here. I have yet to see one, much less collect two during a quail hunt. Very nicely done.

IF you get into where they are at, they are easy to call/kill. Ive called 5 on one stand before, I killed the first one, the rest just kept coming!

IF you get into where they are at, they are easy to call/kill. Ive called 5 on one stand before, I killed the first one, the rest just kept coming!

@azspike, fox are location location location. find big rock piles and deep canyons they will come......

@azspike, fox are location location location. find big rock piles and deep canyons they will come......

Thanks for the feedback, I know it seems ridiculous but getting a fox is getting really high on my 'bucket list'. I spend a few days a week calling from September to March and have never seen one. It always amazes me when I see posts like this one.