Sign in to follow this  
nhunter84

Tom Lion

Never said there weren't a lot of cats in some of that AZ desert country, but the reason there is a lot of cats is because there is a lot of cat food. All I ever said was maybe they deserve a little more respect than people saying kill every one you see and fling lead and try and hit them no matter the range.

If you can catch/kill one a day in most areas prove it to me by killing one tomorrow and I will be headed down the day after to do some hunting. If the density is truly that great even a lab with absolutely no experience should catch a few a year.

Nice cat, congrats and thanks for sharing him with us.

Spending time with Dad is always cool.

state law allows you to kill one per day in many areas. and there are places that it is entirely possible for a good houndman to do it. head to the strip. that place has about as many lions as it does cedar trees. i saw a trailcam photo that had 8 lions in one photo the other day. and what is wrong with us shooting every one we see? it ain't hurt the herd so far. even with what seems like a really big buncha folks seeing lions these days, even if they shot everyone it wouldn't hurt them sneaky suckers too much. you caught a really nice lion. come over here and catch some. Lark.

• Like 2

The strip doesn't have as many lions as you are portraying. We had 20 cameras on tanks for a month and only got pic of one lion. I'm sure there are plenty of lions there but get real.

That is an awesome trophy. Tracking collars are revealing a lot about lion behavior that was not known before. Even big game biologists are admiting that they are having to revise some of their thinking. When it comes to lions, deer hunters seem to favor ignorance and superstition over science and technology. I'm glad no one on this forum falls into that category.

Congrat's on a great lion!

Ted Turner and the Ladder Ranch , oooooh now there is a choice source of information! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sound like a college educated expert... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

One of the best houndsmen around helped on that study. He has probably caught and killed more lions than you could ever even imagine seeing. So the study aint just done by bunny huggers. Plus there are a dozen other studies by different groups in different areas that show similar results.

One of the best houndsmen around helped on that study. He has probably caught and killed more lions than you could ever even imagine seeing. So the study aint just done by bunny huggers. Plus there are a dozen other studies by different groups in different areas that show similar results.

Yes you houndsmen are the bear in the cave , don't git alL butt hurt over my comments - Great cat you caught ;) - Ted Turner is still a POS! :D

• Like 1

Great Cat. Huge Congrats! As far as cats are concerned in Az we should abide by the laws......hunt....kill that trophy of a lifetime....make memories and mother nature will take care of the rest!

Never said there weren't a lot of cats in some of that AZ desert country, but the reason there is a lot of cats is because there is a lot of cat food. All I ever said was maybe they deserve a little more respect than people saying kill every one you see and fling lead and try and hit them no matter the range.

If you can catch/kill one a day in most areas prove it to me by killing one tomorrow and I will be headed down the day after to do some hunting. If the density is truly that great even a lab with absolutely no experience should catch a few a year.

+1

state law allows you to kill one per day in many areas. and there are places that it is entirely possible for a good houndman to do it. head to the strip. that place has about as many lions as it does cedar trees. i saw a trailcam photo that had 8 lions in one photo the other day. and what is wrong with us shooting every one we see? it ain't hurt the herd so far. even with what seems like a really big buncha folks seeing lions these days, even if they shot everyone it wouldn't hurt them sneaky suckers too much. you caught a really nice lion. come over here and catch some. Lark.

I'd like to see that photo, what part of Africa was the trail am in? Jk