couesbowhunter1

Has anyone shot the Bowtech Destroyer 350?

There really nice. But I would wait a few more days to what the new bow has to offer.

is that what the little metal door is and it has like 6 days at the top?

There really nice. But I would wait a few more days to what the new bow has to offer.

Ya that's what the box is for. Lots of rumors about what it will be but bowtech told us today they were just rumors.

I had shot nothing but PSE since I started shooting archery 14 years ago. In 2010 when Bowtech came out with the Destroyer I shot it and had to have it. It was the most smooth drawing, smooth shooting bow I had ever shot. I ended up buying it only to find out that I had EXTREME torque issues with it and I was never able to overcome it. When I shot paper I had a 3 inch rip up and to the right no matter what I did. I had to move my rest over to where the tip of my arrow was pointed more than a half inch out of line just to shoot a perfect hole through the paper. I shot very well with this bow but the fact that I knew that my bow was tuned incorrectly just messed with my head. I tried EVERYTHING from new grips to no grips to different coaching and nothing worked. I spoke with many people who said that they have had the same problem when they went from one bow manufacturer to another. After battling with this issue for over a year I had to through in the towel and I sold the bow. I went back to what I know and bought a PSE Dream Season and my torque issues are no more. It was a feeling of defeat and I hated to get rid of a bow that was such a pleasure to shoot. Although my Dream Season isn't quite as smooth as the Destroyer, I shoot better with it than any other bow I have ever owned.

If you are thinking about buying the Destroyer or any bow for that matter, I would strongly recommend shooting it A LOT and making absolute sure you don't have any issues before buying it.

-Tracy

Shoot them all that can happen. I have seen guys no matter what bow you put in there hand they can't get a bullet whole on paper.

Shoot them all that can happen. I have seen guys no matter what bow you put in there hand they can't get a bullet whole on paper.

I completely agree! Let me add that the torque issue was 100% me and had nothing to do with the bow. I am just used to shooting PSE and something about the balance of their bows and their grips is what my muscle memory was built on. I shoot bullet holes with every PSE I have ever owned only because my form was learned on their bows. Everybody will shoot every bow differently so make sure you really test them before you spend the money. I wish I would have spent a little more time shooting the Destroyer before I bought it. I lost my butt when I sold it. Sold it for over $500 less than I paid for it.

-Tracy

ok man hows that pse?

I had shot nothing but PSE since I started shooting archery 14 years ago. In 2010 when Bowtech came out with the Destroyer I shot it and had to have it. It was the most smooth drawing, smooth shooting bow I had ever shot. I ended up buying it only to find out that I had EXTREME torque issues with it and I was never able to overcome it. When I shot paper I had a 3 inch rip up and to the right no matter what I did. I had to move my rest over to where the tip of my arrow was pointed more than a half inch out of line just to shoot a perfect hole through the paper. I shot very well with this bow but the fact that I knew that my bow was tuned incorrectly just messed with my head. I tried EVERYTHING from new grips to no grips to different coaching and nothing worked. I spoke with many people who said that they have had the same problem when they went from one bow manufacturer to another. After battling with this issue for over a year I had to through in the towel and I sold the bow. I went back to what I know and bought a PSE Dream Season and my torque issues are no more. It was a feeling of defeat and I hated to get rid of a bow that was such a pleasure to shoot. Although my Dream Season isn't quite as smooth as the Destroyer, I shoot better with it than any other bow I have ever owned.

If you are thinking about buying the Destroyer or any bow for that matter, I would strongly recommend shooting it A LOT and making absolute sure you don't have any issues before buying it.

-Tracy

post-2255-0-03936700-1325695457_thumb.jpgSmoothest "speed" bow I have shot. I still own the Mathews Black Max II - 5.5" brace height. The destroyer to me is easier to shoot and faster with the same arrow and slightly less poundage. It has more brace height - 6" making it more forgiving to me and has 80% let off. 386gr. arrow w/100gr tip, 68lbs draw, and 315fps. 63lbs gave me 305fps. I am working up to the max at 72.5lbs. and may play with IBO weights just to see what she will do.

For me this bow is a great choice but I have been shooting a very unforgiving bow. Plus, I like the quotes on the box! I just got my Destroyer 350 2 months ago and set it up for pigs. I will say that I am struggling now with broadhead flight verses the field tips for both of the shuttle T-locks and montecs of various wights. Broadheads appear to hit to the left but are flying true out to 50yrds. Any one else seeing this? I moved my sights but would prefer for arrows to hit the same reguardless. The Mathews I have did not have trouble once tuned.

I shot a Hyot Viper....another speed bow 6-7 years ago. I could not even hit a pig on numberous days even though I shot OK at the range. I had issues like others griping the handle and the fit of the bow just wasn't right from day one. Lucky for me, it was a new used model and the original owner took it back minus $75 bucks. That bow ate me for lunch before I bought the Mathews Black Max. Shootem and if you like it when you hold it - done deal... buy it.

I just got mine back in March or April and since then I have harvested my first spot and stalk coues and a few days ago my Stink pig. I love this bow but everyone should shoot what they feel comfortable with. This is my companion.

IMG_0359.jpg

misc2011end039.jpg

I just got mine back in March or April and since then I have harvested my first spot and stalk coues and a few days ago my Stink pig. I love this bow but everyone should shoot what they feel comfortable with. This is my companion.

What broadhead are you using? I found out yesterday from bowtech there is a yolk adjustment that is supposed to take care of field tips hitting different than most fixed blade heads. Have you heard this?

Thanks,

Jack

No I have not heard of that I shoot the Slick Trick magnum 4 blade 100 grain. I paper tuned my bow then went to broadhead tune and didn't need to my braodheads hit the same spot as my field points. Now I did try the Carbon Express troika ST3 broadheads and they are 3 inches to the right at 20 and 24 inches to the right at 80 yards. So I will stick with the Slicks they are spot on with no adjustments needed.