Sign in to follow this  
apache12

non permit limited area elk hunt

has anyone ever attempted this non permit hunt. I know it's very limited area and very few elk, but also heard that in some cases private land owners have some elk on their property they'd like removed and if you can find these land owners and get permission they can be succesful hunts. It goes from Jan to end of March.

I was interested in the verde valley hunt area if anyone has any previous history.

has anyone ever attempted this non permit hunt. I know it's very limited area and very few elk, but also heard that in some cases private land owners have some elk on their property they'd like removed and if you can find these land owners and get permission they can be succesful hunts. It goes from Jan to end of March.

I was interested in the verde valley hunt area if anyone has any previous history.

A friend at work has hunted one of these hunts south of Winslow (at least that's where I think it was) He said it was hard hunting. There was snow so he was able to find pretty fresh tracks but never saw any elk. Similar situation, the ranchers in the area told him areas where they were seeing elk and definitely wanted them removed but he still didn't find them.

tough hunt!

owner here at work has 600 acre ranch, but in the archery only (rincon basin hunt)

guy here at work shot a cow elk not long ago somewhere along the little colorado river. 5 of the ranchers family also connected.

right place right time.

just not anywhere to glass from so it makes it tough.

the tamrisk tree(sp) are so thick!

maybe better glassing down by the chevlon wildlife area.

I've been trying to get him to let me go stick 1 with my bow but it hasn't happened yet.

maybe if you hit the rut with a decoy that could be deadly!

I am dying to give it a try myself!

james

I also helped a few buddies who had a limited tag near Winslow on private land. The ranchers wanted them gone. There were way too many hunters and for the Ranchers complaining we did not see anything. Not to mention all the water holes were dry. Could not understand what the Ranchers were complaining about. The ranchers should of helped out a little and kept the water troughs wet.

Tough hunt, but I hear it can be done. Somthing about even a blind chicken right.... ;)

If you wanna go let me know.

Lance