"It was their lucky day. We don't kill all the lions we catch. In fact, very few of them. We love to hunt them and they have their place. "

Dogman68:

Good for you! Mountain lions are wonderful game animals that, as you've said, definitely have their place. I've taken only one, and that is enough for my lifetime. It would be our loss if we lost them. I've known a few good lion hunters and every one of them -- as you do -- released more lions than they killed. It takes more than good hounds to be a good lion hunter. It takes much effort and dedication to get to your skill level, where you can catch lions regularly.

BillQ

Congrads on the lions. This last year was the 1st time I had ever hunted lions with dogs and I'm now hooked. I go with a friend of mine every chance I get and a good time is had by all. Thanks alot dogman and Josh for the post I have enjoyed them very much and also learned quite a bit too.

sigh me up i always wanted to do that.

thanks josh for all the huntin that you give to all of us wanabees.

thanks.......................................

All of your guys' comments are very much appreciated but we are no where near the "kings" of lion hunting. We just bust our asses and try to be successful at it. Anyone could do the same if they had the time and the dogpower invested. Anytime we're successful I'm more than happy to share our hunts and fun with all y'all since this time of year is pretty slow for other hunt stories. Thanks again though, Josh

lino hunting is for sure a challenege! i did it on a spot and stalk and it honestly, tested my man hood. it would have been fine but i had on new boots with a not as good as i thought fit.

hard work really pays off, as it does in any hunt.i can only imagine how hard and physically and mentally demanding a hunt with dogs would be. my hat is off to you guys who run dogs!allthough, i must admit, if i had a choice of killing a lion with dogs or spot and stalk, i would take spot and stalk.