GRONG

FINALLY!!!!!

Last Saturday morning I hiked up a big hill to glass for elk and check for lion sign. Glassed up 9 bulls in one bunch, all antlered and all couldn't have had 500" of total antler among them. Fun to watch though. About 5 minutes later a group of 6 spikes ran below me and down into a drainage. It was then that I figured that I HAD to be in the wrong area for some fresh antler. I panned across some openings in the junipers and BAM!!!!! There in the open about 500 yards away was a gorgeous 6pt antler! I got down to it and took some video and pics then spent about an hour looking for the match. Never picked it up.... as usual. Gorgeous antler though, about 150" worth anyway.

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

A couple days later I spotted this beauty while following a lion's tracks.

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

Dogman picked this one up yesterday. A real heavy 320ish 7 pointer

DSC02356.jpg

nice find are you going back to try to find the other side

if you need help :) let us know :lol:

Nice pickups Josh. Figures you'd be one of the first to be gettin brownies :lol:

Josh,

Congrats on the brownies! Those things are awesome!

You single handedly inspired me to start hitting the woods hard looking for sheds. I'm not finding any "brownies" thats for sure but have found 3 this spring. Whooopie, I know. But it's more than I have found in a long, long time. The one's I've found in the past were just stumbled upon. I'm going to keep on looking 'till the ticks are thick!

I sent a pic to younghunter to see if he wouldn't mind posting it. The 2 dinks, I found yesterday, and the bigger one by my house a couple weeks ago. Those 2 chewed up ones are freaking ANCIENT! :lol: -Shiras

Josh, not fair man, I know you train those dogs to track down antlers. B) Heard you lost one of your dads, young pup. Any luck finding him?

No dude, no luck on finding the pup. Someone just loaded her up an took off with her. dang!!! Dad is seriously bummed too! Today he rode for 7 hours on his mule and lost the transmitter for his shockin collar.... not a good week for Dad! Poor guy.

That sucks! Hope the pup turns up! It reminds me of a lion hunter, Josh might have heard this story, that lost his dog on the Bradshaws and later while back in town he got a signal on the transmitter and followed it to an apartment complex and narrowed it down to two apartments and picked the right one. A person answered the door and said they didn't have the dog but it came running out hearing his voice. They were planning on keeping the dog and appearantly didn't know what a tracking collar was! Hope your dad has the same luck. JIM

I haven't heard of that particular story but it doesn't suprise me. Dad had his receiver on all the way through Wllms and Flag on the way home and nothing. Maybe he should try Prescott I guess.

I was out just south of Camp wood a year or so ago. Talked to a guide who happened to lose one of his dogs why trying to track down a lion, Thankfully she came into camp that night, maybe by smelling the campfire, She kept me company until i could find the guide that next day.