bigorange

Cool new gadget by a local company

I've always really liked gadgets, especially hunting gadgets. When I first heard about the ArmourDillo, I was shooting with my friend Nathan and he saw me setting my bow on top of my foot instead of the ground...he told me I needed an ArmourDillo and showed me one. I immediately thought "Now why didn't I think of that?"

This is a cool new gadget being produced by Hedog Archery, a Tucson company started by Nathan and Paul Lawson. If you live in Tucson or hunted archery elk in Unit 27 in September, you've probably seen Nathan's recognizable camo 4runner with Hedog logos on it.

The concept is simple and effective. It's almost like a foot that goes on the bottom of your bow to protect your bottom cam from rocks, sand, mud, whatever you don't want to set it in. One of my hunting buddies calls it my kickstand for my bow. It's already gone from cool gadget to necessity for me.

I've only had mine for a couple of weeks, but has already come in handy on a couple of stalks. I was able to set my bow down with minimal movement and lean it against my leg while quickly glassing with both hands..even with an arrow nocked. I always wonder about new gadgets on my bow adding weight, noise, vibration, etc. The weight of the ArmourDillos is minimal, no vibration, and it actually seems to help with vibration dampening.

Check out www.hedogarchery.com to see this new idea. I've talked to Nathan about becoming a CWT sponsor, so maybe you'll see them on here soon too. I'll edit and post pics of my ArmourDillo soon...hopefully laying across a buck! :D

Adding a photo...

post-5622-0-81764600-1327770800_thumb.jpg

Looks interesting! I'm always trying to find something (besides my foot) to rest my bow on in the blind.

I have recently put one on my Bowtech. The first time out I realized how great this product is. There is no more worrying about where or how to put my bow down when I scan the hillside while on a stalk or in the blind. To be able to protect arguably one of the most important parts of my bow while not affecting the performance of it, is priceless. After installing it I went straight out and shot my bow and I can say that it did not change the performance or balance of the bow. I would highly recommend you take a strong look at it.

Added a photo...hopefully will have a better one after trying to finish the season right. :D

No effect on performance that I can tell. Doesn't touch the cam, string, or anything else and no effect on balance.

Added a photo...hopefully will have a better one after trying to finish the season right. :D

No effect on performance that I can tell. Doesn't touch the cam, string, or anything else and no effect on balance.

Great! Keep me abreast on your findings.

I personally hate applying anything to the limb as I fear it would impede the limb function. Looks like a promising product. How does it keep soft dirt or mud from attaching to it?