Sign in to follow this  
standman

Photo Viewing Problem?

I'm having a problem that started a couple days ago that I was wondering if anybody had any solution. For some reason I cannot view any photos on this forum, including my own pics, or any other forums on other websites. All I get is a red x. I've tried to figure it out and can't. I would appreciate any help. Sure takes out a lot of the fun when you can't view photos that other people can see :ph34r:

Thanks,

Brian

There are times when I am looking at a picture on my home computer or my work computer and the small red X comes up. I right click on it and click on the "Show Picture" and nothing happens. I don't know what causes this or how it can be fixed, I just miss out on seeing the picture. The red X picture doesn't come up that often though.

Arizona Griz.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe its just the way it is. I just never have seen the red x before and now they are all that way.

Brian

I imagine it might have to do with the security settings in your web browsers. Perhaps you have a high security setting and it won't let you download images. If you are using internet explorer try looking under "Tools" then "Internet Options" and then click the tab that says "security". Try and find something in there that deals with downloading images. Or maybe just lower the security settings in general and then try again. You might have to change the settings and then reboot your machine so the new settings show up.

Let me know if that helps at all. Otherwise I will try and figure something else out to try.

Amanda

Amanda, I've been through all the internet tools, and I have tried everything there. Nothing seems to work. I've talked to a few computer people and nobody can figure out what the problem is. Thought maybe a virus was causing it, scan the computer and no viruses. Anyway, I appreciate you trying to help. Thanks

Brian

Standman,

Try checking in "My controls". Look at the upper right part of the main forum page and click on "my controls". Then look for Options on the left hand side and click on "board settings". In there you will see a setting for viewing images in posts. Make sure it says "yes" so that you will be allowed to view images.

Let me know if this works.

Amanda

Amanda,

It does say yes. However, I can now view pics from all links except imagestation. Why it started working now I don't know. I've seen where a lot of people are now having problems with imagestion. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Brian