COOSEFAN

Rhino or Ranger?

I painted it last Sunday and I am now working on the roll cage. I also got rear bumper with a gas can and tire carrier installed this weekend. She is coming together and hopefully I can take it out and give it a try. David

IMG_0958.jpg

Now that I'm home I can see them. That Rhino is cool looking, ours are the plain green 460, but they get the job done better than anything I have owned so far!

David, that suzuki is looking great! I like the new paint also, and the "bling" just finnishes it all off. I like it. :ph34r:

Hey David, that thing has come a LONG way since your first post, looks badass!!! Bass, I bought most of my stuff on ebay. The bumper is being built by Desert Toys on 91st and Grand. They have alot of stuff there for Rhinos. The CDI box is from Dynatek in CA, at www.dynaonline.com. It came with the igniter thingamajig which replaces the stock one and that was from Procom Engineering Inc. www.procomengineering.com. This was a set from ebay also and came with a 1 year warranty and guaranteed to work perfectly with the digital dash. I have been more than pleased with it, incredible difference in throttle response and power! I bought the PIAA's from Desert Toys also, here's the pic's showing where I put them, didn't have much choice because of clearance issues.

Rhino7.jpg

Rhino9.jpg

You can see the CDI box on the left side of the battery, the PIAA kit to the right of the box, and the ignition rectifier thing, which is bigger than the stock one, is on the far right, looks like an amplifier. Not much room for anything else. Thanks, JIM

Rhino8.jpg

Jimmy, Is CDI box waterproof? If not, you might want to move it. I like the lights. These toys sure get spendy. I have six IPF's going on the front of mine. I also got a 105 amp alternator to install so it will run the lights and the 9500lb winch. Now I need to start looking for a toyhauler that it will fit into. I wish.

I don't remember reading anything about it being waterproof?! It is sitting exactly where the stock one was and has the same stock pluggins in it so I hope its ok! There is a cover that goes over that box also that I took off for the pic, I'm sure it helps also. Those PIAA lights are incredible! The bike is too fast for the stock lights if you drive fast at night, and with these new ones it's alot safer for a leadfoot like myself! I was told I could run 2 more of these 55w lamps on the Rhino but that would be the max. I would like some higher up but have to keep them within the cage somehow, so that might be my next project.

The bike is too fast for the stock lights if you drive fast at night, and with these new ones it's alot safer for a leadfoot like myself!

The stock Rhino out runs it's own lights! :) That is also the reason we are having the KCs added to mine. On my dad's elk hunt in 6a I told him we had two choices for going back to camp. Be a little cold for a long time, or be really cold for a short time! But on the way back the lights just were not bright enough to safely watch for game that might have been crossing the road, or to see the rough areas before you hit them.

I am almost finished with my new hunting rig. I got the rear cage in and soft top. Tested the suspension a little, works great. It drives nice and is super quiet. David

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

WOW David! That rig came ALONG way from the start!!!! That thing looks awesome! Great Job! JIM

Hey David

If you do not mind how much you got in to that thing I was thinking of starting a project like that.

Hey David

If you do not mind how much you got in to that thing I was thinking of starting a project like that.

I am probably close to $3500.00, but I got some of my stuff at a discouted price. I mainly bought it just to have a project to work on. I was getting bored around the house, but now I am glad it is almost finished. David

Here are some pictures of a friends golf cart next to his rhino. Mine was in the mountains with my brother in law so i was not able to use it and get pics of it on the trail.

Here they are side by side. The cart did great. I know the rhino will out climb them in the steep stuff and out run them in the flats. But the spots we were in it did just fine.

post-171-1149486879.jpg

post-171-1149487054.jpg

Mine is done! (for now) It still needs a winch, and some new rims/tires, but that will have to come later.

Like I said above, my cousin made all the parts for us, and hooked us up with the KC lights, as well as the LED tail lights. I like it, and can't wait to take it out to West Clear Creek this weekend to test all the new goodies out.

The lights that mount to the roll bar mounting bolts...

DSCN0476.jpg

The homemade bumper, with LED brake lights and ID plate. The license plate lights are the top bolts, they too are "super bright" (blue) LEDs.

DSCN0478.jpg

And just incase I need to be heard.....

DSCN0479.jpg

Looks great! I love the bumper, you said the bolts are the lights for the plate? Where can I get some of those? I can't find a good plate light (for street legal) that wasn't too big, those would be perfect! FYI, when you go to buy a winch, check out ebay, I just bought the Venom V3500X winch and it comes with model specific mounting hardware and warranties for $165.00. That was alot cheaper than the $500.00 Warn I bought for the Prowler, so I jumped on it! Ride safe up there, JIM.

I found them at Checker Auto Parts (look in the "import racer" stuff). Up there this weekend we talked to an officer, and he said that pretty much as long as there is a light on the plate, you are good to go, but that doesn't mean some cop might be having a bad day and will try to nail you for that. We did get nailed by the forest service for not having "MC" plates on our bikes, but he just talked our ears off and gave us a very stiff warning. Which for us, meant driving all the way back down to Chandler to get the correct plates, so we could go back up there and be legal. I'll get you some photos of the LEDs in the morning, I just unloaded the truck and I'm now spent for the night. :P