COOSEFAN

Rhino or Ranger?

I had made up my mind on the Arctic Cat Prowler and bought it, not thinking about the height of it. It didn't fit into our enclosed trailers, not even close. My goal was to have one that I hauled in my scouting trailer. I use an enclosed utility trailer for scouting because I just keep all my gear in it and can set up cots and tables and turn it into a camping trailer easily. My Prowler was way too tall and I didn't wanna get stuck always taking the open trailer and sleeping in a tent. My dad wanted the Prowler so I sold it to him and bought plan B, the Rhino. A friend of a friend buys and sells them and had the Explorer edition ready to sell and I jumped on it. The Rhino comes with stock 2 ply tires and steel wheels which I don't like so I bought some new 6 ply Terracross tires and 14" ITP wheels, which are 2 inches taller and a wider footprint for traction as opposed to the stock set. They look cool too, which is actually the real reason I bought them! I don't know which I like better, they all do the same thing and they are all amazingly unstoppable, the best thing is that the Rhino fits in my trailer! Thanks, JIM

rhino1.jpg

rhino2.jpg

rhino3.jpg

4-9-06sheds010.jpg

Guest Ernesto C

Niiiiiiiceeee!! That looks really good too!! Dont worry Jim,it will fit in my trailer so send it to me :blink: Hey how fast those things will go? I saw a couple last weekend on the beach in Mexico and they were going about 30 to 35 mph but I dont know if they were Rhinos or Rangers.

Ernesto C

Never hunt alone

Well now you and Dad are both happy :blink:

Funny how things work out.

Those guys that work for Glaspro don't know what they are doing. :blink: That sucker is sweet Jimmy. I just couldn't bring myself to spend so much money on one of the big boys. I got my new huntin rig also. It is about halfway finished. Its not quite as skinny, but it sits at about 60 inches wide. David

IMG_0801.jpg

This is how it started out when I purchased it.

IMG_0832.jpg

And now with the front end done.

I still have to put in the rear end with a locker, a six point cage is on order. I also got a nice bumper to hold a fullsize spare, gas can, high lift jack, and CB mount. The front bumper is holding a 9500 pound winch. I also got some new seats and soft top, plus I will be painting it silver to match my truck. Its a little bigger than the Polaris Sportsman I have, but now I can take both of my boys and wife with me on some of my hunting and fishing trips. It only weighs 2000 pounds. David

Now what the heck are you going to chase down with that thing Dave. Not really last year up in 33 we seen a guy who had one of those suzuki jeeps all decked out and even painted camo he was fitting in some tight spots.Hope to see it when you are done.

David,

Looks like you'll end up with a nice hunting rig. With the price of a new Polaris Ranger, one can end up with a nice jeep or Samuri with heater, AC, stereo, and not be much bigger a vehicle-maybe 6" wider.

RR

Hey David, Glaspro Rules! And you know it! That looks like fun putting that thing together! Looks like you got some Bling Bling on it already. If I were mechanically inclined I might have went that route but I'm not. I would be afraid something would break miles from anywhere and I would be sitting there scratching my head! It would be 10 times worse if I had a client with me, unless he was a Suzuki mechanic! I'm also pretty sure I would have to put a lowering kit on that thing to get it in my trailer instead of a lift kit. I can't wait to see it finished, it looks like it's gonna be a badass huntin' machine! For the record, I know that just because my Rhino is new doesn't mean it won't break! As with anything I guess, you just have to be careful and cross your fingers. :blink: Thanks, JIM

Hey Jim if your in the middle of nowhere and it breaks, I make service calls.

You guys both have great machines, they should serve you well.

Dave my mom offered to give me her suzuki years ago and I told her I didn't want the thing, bad mistake, she was driving it to and from work every day and everything worked.

I appreciate the offer Keith! I would hate to make someone come help me in some of the places we hunt though. I hunt a spot in NM that is 8 miles one way on a quad road, straight down a huge canyon. We hunt that spot every year and haven't had any problems yet with quads breaking, but when it happens, it's gonna suck! Those places are why I'm all about dependability with your ride. Thanks, JIM

I finally got the suspension done on my toy and will be putting the cage in this week. I hope to be painting it next weekend. I also got my new bumper this week that holds a fullsize tire and five gallon gas can. This sucker is goin to be some fun. David

IMG_0952.jpg

Hey David, that thing looks cool! Heck if I wanted to steal it for myself, I know right where it's at because of that last pic! :lol: :unsure: :unsure: JIM

I got a chance to ride in a Rhino during unit 9 general bull elk hunt, that thing goes everywhere!

I have yet to encounter something where I needed to put it in 4WD! I swear, especially with the new aftermarket tires, I think it will climb a cliff!

I'm also having a bumper built for the Rhino and I installed two 55W PIAA lamps on the front, a DynaFS CDI box and a Rectifier thing-a-majig that created a monster compared to stock performance, and a Digital dash also. I think the winch will be the last thing I do then I'm done. This thing is like a mini sandrail when you want it to be, or let off the gas and you got a huntin' machine! :unsure: I'll post pic's when it's together. Thanks, JIM

Hey David, that thing looks cool! Heck if I wanted to steal it for myself, I know right where it's at because of that last pic! :angry: :angry: :angry: JIM

I have installed a special theft device that forces a broadhead up through the seat when a special button is not depressed when you sit down.blingbling.jpg Jimmy, I have some pictures on my cell phone of some custom built rhino's and rangers. Shoot me a private message with your number, and I will send them over to you. You probably have more power than my zuk. It only has 66 horse power. David

:D ;) After all that, it wouldn't fit! That's a bummer. :ph34r: With our toyhauler we can only fit one Rhino in it, and the top only has about a fingers width to clear the top bed. On the other hand, we are going on about three months with my Rhino getting worked on. My cousin was working with a couple companies to make a rear bumper with back up lights, and fitting two 6" KC lights on the front. He has one side done. ;)

Where did you get the DynaFS CDI box? Are there any problems with the indicators on the dash when you put it into reverse? We were looking at some blackrhino CDI boxes for ours, but there were problems with them that they were trying to work out.

Right now I'm behind a firewall and can't see any of the photos you all posted, so I'll have to come back later and look at them. David's rig sounds cool though, and that security system sounds even better. ;)