Well instead of buying a digital SLR camera for my job this summer I decided to use what I have right now and go and get some protection. Here are some pics of the new toy.

100_0601.jpg

100_0602.jpg

100_0606.jpg

100_0607.jpg

This cannon of a handgun is the Smith and Wesson 460V. It shoots 460 S&W, 454 Casull and 45 Colt. The first picture is the gun and the 3 types of ammo you can shoot out of it. THe second picture just shows the 460V logo. The third picture from the bottom up is the 460 S&W already shot then the 454 Casull and then the 45 Colt. The last picture shows the type of holster I will be wearing while working this summer.

Hope you guys enjoy :blink:

Thats one sweet setup you got there, S&W make a fine handgun :blink: Congrats

Young Hunter,

Nice hardware, but may I suggest a book that I consider?required reading? for ANYONE planning a journey into Bear Country. After my 11 trips to some of the most remote and incredible GRIZZ country around, I?ve learned ?avoidance? is the key. Sure bring the cannon for extra protection, but the fundamentals of working, camping, hiking in bear country require a special sense of awareness, which you will feel immediately upon your arrival to the last frontier. The book is Stephen Herreros? (author) ? Bear Attacks their Cause and Avoidance. The 16.95 is worth more than any hardware or monster bullets. :blink:

Good luck with your summer job and I envy your fly rod being bent over at the cork by champion Rainbows, Sockeyes, Silvers and probably a Pike or 2.

Be safe and Nose to the wind? It?s all about thinking like a bear! .

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/products/bear_attacks.html

AzP&Y

post-898-1146002167.jpg

Sweet set up Christian :blink:

The thing I like the most though is your shirt, where did you get it?

I got the shirt at sportsmans warehouse.

I was going to bring my dads .357 but the lodge owner said if I was guiding to at least have a 44 mag so I went with the gun that has the most energy and the highest velocity. After looking at the ballistics the .460 has 3 time the energy that a .44 mag has and it also had more energy than a .500 S&W.

That is a great set-up and I love the shirt as well! I was planning on getting that same gun/caliber also. I decided i'm taking a rifle to Alaska but want a handcannon to keep with me 24/7, for peace-of-mind if nothing else. JIM

That is a great set-up and I love the shirt as well!  I was planning on getting that same gun/caliber also.  I decided i'm taking a rifle to Alaska but want a handcannon to keep with me 24/7, for peace-of-mind if nothing else.  JIM

I here ya, Something like that will help you sleep better at night :blink: