couesdiehard

G & F article on reg changes

When they dismissed the survey as not scientific plus there was a very small showing of support, the AZGFD can pretty much say what they want. We just can't let it happen again.

I left the meeting after it became apparent that the Commision had already made up their mind, which was about 8 minutes after it started. I have better things to do than sit through a BS session with a bunch 0f ego-maniacs that are on the commission.

What is the procedure for having a commissioner replaced? Can the Gov have them removed? This "we all need to work together" crap ain't going to flyg. Those people had a chip on their shoulder because the ADA supported the law that was just passed concerning the 10% cap. They let their personal feelings override their civic duty. Screw'em.

Maybe the 78% of the 6500 surveyed that disagreed with the commision should not give them any application fees or buy a hunting license this year since we don't represent the average hunter.

6500 x 78% = 5070

5070 x 4 (sheep, elk, deer, antelope) x $5 app fee = $101400

5070 x $35 (license fee) = $177540

5070 x $30 (deer tag) x 80% = $121060 x 80% = (draw rate if you put one of their "opportunity tags" as second choice)

total = $400000 That would buy alot of endangered chub minnow food.

I feel your pain Desert Bull.

The only way we can make a difference is to get involeved and try to communicate with them.

Hey, I have been at Commission meetings when the ADLA and the Sierra Club has had 6 or 7 public speakers there and I was the ONLY lone hunter. Yep, the ONLY hunter there.

These groups are able to continue to make changes to rules and gain headway because they are MORE PASSIONATE about what their mission is than we are about ours. PURE AND SIMPLE.

I guess the future will tell how passionate you hunters are.

DesertBull,

I hear you! Unfortunately I bought lifetime licenses for myself and my wife last year and they don't give refunds so we will be hunting. When people realize after a season or two that the Commission has overcrowded the state during hunting seasons, diminishing their chances of success to nothing then maybe enough people will stop buying licenses and tags to make a difference. These guys on the commission just don't get it. The people who participated in the ADA survey are representative of the hunters that buy licenses and tags year in and year out. Great way to treat your best customers isn't it? Since these guys want to run G & F like a business they should learn a little about treating your customers with respect. I hope this doesn't hurt guys in the outfitting, guiding and scouting businesses but it seems pretty bleak if the regs stay this way.

Lee

DesertBull,

... When people realize after a season or two that the Commission has overcrowded the state during hunting seasons, diminishing their chances of success to nothing then maybe enough people will stop buying licenses and tags to make a difference. These guys on the commission just don't get it...

Lee

Actually I think they do get it! They GOT US with these new rules and you know they got what they wanted in the process. As bad as it could be for hunters, it could be a lot worse for the Game they are supposed to be managing.

The fact that any of us think we can do anything other than wait for new commisioners appointed by a governor who sees things our way is HILARIOUSLY SCARY! They will do what they want when they want how they want, they pretty much proved that this weekend. It didn't used to be that way but apparently it is now. Get used to it. Start looking for houses and jobs in New Mexico, or just hunt when you want. That later program seems to work real well for alot of the Apache and Greenlee county boys :D.

Bret M.

I disagree. I think we all need to get off our rumps and make a difference. Giving up and throwing the towel in wont get anything done. We live in the best state in America and we need to protect and preserve our rights here.

If your son got beat up by a bully, would you move your family somewhere else where there is no bully's?

Is your son worth protecting? Would you want him to enjoy the same hunting in Arizona that you have?

Hunters first!

Desert bull,

Great idea! Please don't put in for anything this year. If all the survey folks get ticked and boycott the hunts, then I'll have an almost 6% better chance of getting drawn! I like the math. Thanks for pointing that out.

Bet you will put in.

Bet you're just blowing steam.

Read Daves posts. He's got a good cool head.

Times aren't changing - they've changed! To save our hunting heritage we've got to get off our fat butts and become involved. Thousands of sportsmen - involved.

Peace.

Mike

I think it was a real feel good article. Apparently my chances of getting a whitetail tag are better......even if it is just a lowly October hunt. Also, all of you with apparently very short memories might recall that it wasn't too long ago that the Game Department had an unfavorable ruling that overturned the states' ability to cap non resident hunts on deer north of the river and also for cliff carp and I think bull elk. I just read in that feel good article that the 10% cap now applies to all deer hunts in addition to the others. That makes me feel good as a resident hunter. I guess those greedy dogs at the game department really aren't all about the money......otherwise they would want more non-residents drawing tags. Guess it all depends on how full or empty your glass is. Oops, I just spilled mine again......it sucks to have a full glass cause then you don't have to complain so much.

Oh another thought,......I saw a comment about fish food for endangered fish. You know, endangered fish can't live in a subdivision. You can't hunt in a subdivision either. Make the connection - it's pretty easy to see if you think about it.

Have a pleasant day.

c1

the fall pig hunt makes absolutely no sense to me. put some pig hunters in the way of deer hunters? i don't get it. some years back the u27 late deer season overlapped the late bull elk hunt. man, that was a joke. it's not a lot of permits, but still seems sorta ignernt. moving the dec. whitetail tags to november is gonna backfire. i think a lotta guys are better hunters than the azgfd thinks. putting a lot of hunters on the same hunt isn't going to decrease the kill numbers. i'm betting it increases them. now the deer have drought, lions and hunter saturation to deal with. i do see a lot of procedural and regulation changes, so read the fine print. they're gonna fine print us outta the woods i think. they did raise the stinkin' mountain sheep tags on a couple hunts. from 2 to 3. 50% increase. maybe no i can use alla them sheep points i have. the lion regs seem to be a little more cornfusing that before and i see that both bear and lion killers hafta check in the carcass, physically. can't just call in anymore. so ya best pack out the meat, like the law says. oh yeah, and eat it. bear meat, things that make ya go BBLLUUUHHHH. only way to fix this is get a new governor fellers. this commission is outta control and doesn't listen to anything but each other. i see that they finally put a picture o' shroufe on the cover o' the regs tho. Lark.

"That makes me feel good as a resident hunter. I guess those greedy dogs at the game department really aren't all about the money"

resident deer tag + License = $75

resident elk tag + license = $170

That ought to recruit alot of new hunters huh?

WOW,

1,400 less December whitetail tags than last year!!

1,195 more October whitetail tags than last year!!

Looks like the G&F dept. really does not listen to the people that are paying their wages!

:angry:

And how about those 2007 rates?

I guess its time for some new Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4's at the G&F.

:angry:

1\2 ton? Most of them use the true hogs...3\4 ton or bust.