Sign in to follow this  
CHD

ADA Auction Deer Tags

AZGriz must have typed that in wrong. I am pretty sure the two mule deer tags went for about 125,000 each while the Governor's coues tag went for $16,000.

Thanks to everyone from CW.com that went to the banquet. We had a good group at the table although they all were joking that our table was in some kind of "win-free zone" since no one at our table won anything! Sorry guys! We had fun anyway.

CHD you might be interested to know that while we were there Josh Epperson and I scored a huge set of NT muley sheds from northern AZ that probably are the new world record set of sheds. Josh has the scoresheet but I think the net was 264 and some change. Of course that is without a spread since they are sheds. Had like 111 inches of NT points all over the place.

Amanda

Edited by CouesWhitetail

I am not sure how many tickets were sold, but somewhere around 150 tickets I think. I was surprised we didn't sell more. There were about 750 people who attending the banquet. The guy who won the Coues hunt is from AZ and was very happy to have won it!! He is planning to go sometime toward the end of Jan next season. Javier, the guide, already has a buck that he wants to get this guy onto. They are gonna hunt down in the desert rather than in the mtns where I hunted.

Amanda

The muley tags went for 123,000 and 126,000 right in that range and the coues was 15 or 16,000. Ryan Hatch had a client on the phone that bought one of the muley tags. I think a big problem with not getting enough people to bid on some of the items like the Mexico muley hunt and the Blitz for the coues hunt is the sound situation. So many people are talking and the anouncer isnt heard that well. Maybe there is a different room at the fairgrounds we could have it in next year. I think the banquet was great and it was great to meet all the CW people and MM people but I was real surprised some of the auction stuff didnt sell for more money. Still a great event, thanks Amanda...........Allen.......

I agree with you Allen, that many people were talking and likely missed the announcements for those hunts. I heard the same comments from other people. You could hear what people were saying if you were paying close attention, but most people were involved in conversations at their tables. It's pretty impossible to keep everyone's attention for such a long night.

Amanda

Hmmmmmmm.

Let's see, if I give up beer and pizza, cable TV, and my broadband internet service (ouch!!), I can probably swing the Coues tag in 5 or 6 years.

The muley tags would definitely require an illegal activity.

Chris

Here is a pic of those NT muley sheds I was talking about (in this thread a few posts up).

Thought you guys might like to see it. Took forever to score this thing. Tim Parrish is the guy holding it. He found one side and Ryan Hatch found the other.

user posted image

Those are so cool. Sounds about right that ryan would find it. Man that guy along with a bunch of know how has a bunch of luck on his side too. Thank you for showing us i did not get to even go to the show at all.

Guest Ernesto C

And the score is ???? Is amazing how a deer will carry all that weigth on his head.

Ernesto C.