Sign in to follow this  
1azbowhunter

Best tripod

So after reading a little more about it I'm not so sure. They want to take 276 elk tags out of the draw and auction them off. They also want to do the same thing to all the big game species. I'm going to keep reading up on this and not sure if I like it or not. They do have a ton of big organizations that support them. I wouldn't let this keep me from getting a tripod from outdoorsmans.

Thanks for the information, I'm not sure what to think about that either. I may have to break down and actually research and read.

Found this thread helpful as I'm looking at options for a new tripod.

The AZSFW part caught my eye too. Since thread is already hijacked I'll ask...is this the same group as AZ Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation (the group that benefits from the wildlife license plates...)? About to renew my truck plate and was going to change to the wildlife plate...if same group I might reconsider.

Not wanting to open a can of worms, but if you open up the political discussions sub-forum, the majority of topics/posts from January through March/April were concerning the AZSFW/AZSFWC and SB2072. Fell free to read to your hearts content, and decide for yourself what happened and who is who.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showforum=20

The Slik Carbon is a really good tripod. I've got a Bogen Tracker 3205G that is great for holding heavy glass. My Go-To for 10x40 - 15x56 swaros is the teeny little Slik Sprint pro. Does a lot in under 2 pounds that the big boys do. Won't work well for a 77+ spotter though.

I have the carbon swaro tripod and Im about just as tall and i can stand with it. It is also really light weight....but its not cheap.

I would go Slik all the way. They specialize in tripods and have it down to a science on weight and functionality. I have the Slik Pro 330ez and it comes with a head similar to the Jim White head. Holds my Leica 12x50's very stable.