Sign in to follow this  
BASS

AZ Record Carp Shooter Facing Felony?

Is there any word from you guys on a 230" Carp shot last year by a man with the last name of "Polzin" (sp?)

The word is that he came down here in Febuary to buy a house, and became a resident. He then bought an archery tag for the August OTC deer hunt. In the mean time the house he was buying went tits up, so had to find another one, and he did six months before the hunt. He then shot a very nice 230" carp up near Pintop during that hunt. Later on the GFD came in, and said that he was facing a felony from them because he was not a true resident at the time of the kill. The judge threw the case out for the time being because the case was not strong enough, as the GFD gathered a new case agaist him. The last part is that the GFD served a search warrant to his house, and removed any photos of game that was in there, including a photo of his wife holding a set of elk horns from another state. With that photo the GFD is now saying that his wife is also going to be a felon for aiding in the crime.

I tried to go back to the archives to look for any info on it, but could not find anything. I showed the photo of the 213" carp in the bow section to my uncle who told me the story, but he said that it wasn't the same deer, and that the shooter is a bigger guy.

All of thoes type of G&F records are available to the public. If you cant find them at the G&F then it is likely just stories. Good luck.

It very well might be a story but my buddy who does the Taxi work for a well known company up there, told me he saw it and majestics on Porter Mtn Road is doing the taxi work for the Game and Fish. I didn't see pics myself but supposed to be a big buck around 215 I believe. I also have spent a little time looking around for the buck, and havent' found anything difinitive yet.

I taked to the wildlife manager in pinetop about this incident. The dude was not legal. Seems like the taxidermist called it in initially because he suspected a bullet hole...and it was. The guy also shot a big bull they found in his garage after they got a search warrant. He tried to say it was an Idaho bull, but all his pictures show arizona background. What brilliance! They confiscated the camera and had it dated by the manufacturer and found the camera was manufactured after the supposed hunt date. Anyway, I was told the dude is getting some jail time, along with his wife for withholding information, etc.

Cool! glad to here that !

:lol:

Thanks JVS! I knew I couldn't have been getting the entire story. Good to know for sure. :lol: