Sign in to follow this  
DEERSLAM

Coyote medicine

Just bought some new coyote medicine yesterday, Savage 12FV in .204 Ruger. Anyone out there shootin the .204? Looks to be a great cal. for anything up to yote size up to maybe 300yds. Probably going to try the 40gr. bullet. Any input is appreciated.

I don't own one but I've shot a friends'. It sure is fun!

I have the same gun I have shot 6 or 7 coyotes and a bobcat with it. I shoot the 32 grain hornady v-max, It will leave a big hole in a coyote. It shoots very flat. Funnest gun I have.

Should be a great round for p-dogs with little muzz jump so you can see the hits and misses.

Check out http://www.204ruger.com/

RR

Thanks Doug, I can get alot of info from that site :lol:

I got a Rem Custom Shop .204 VSSF-II. Friend of a friend just retired from the Custom Shop last year after running it for several years.

It is a beauty, but sadly, I've yet to shoot it!!!! I'm waiting for the new Nikon scopes to come out. I've got 3 yotes that need to pay for spooking my B&C record buck before I could get a shot!!!

Now, you've got me wanting to just buy a scope to get the thing shooting.

Matt

Well I picked her up on Tues. I'll try to get a pic up asap.

Well she's kinda plain Jane but she will be undergoing a make over. New thumbhole stock is already ordered and I'm lookin at a Leupold 6-18x40mm to top her off. Will updated as the makeover progresses.

Picture003.jpg

Hey Mike can you post a close up of that.....shed? Art work looks nice! Whats the story on that?

<_<

Hey Mike can you post a close up of that.....shed? Art work looks nice! Whats the story on that?

It is a replica moose shed that I bought on ebay for around $65. It's a pretty good replica and a whole lot cheaper than an actual shed carving.

shedcarving001.jpg

shedcarving002.jpg

Just picked up a brand new Leupold VII 6-18x40mm on ebay for $330.00. Should top off this rifle nicely :lol:

I like it Mike! Very nice!

Thanks for the close up.

I will check e-bay for another.

:P

Just got my new thumbhole stock and Leupold 6-18x40mm. She'll be going off to finishing school shortly and should come home a looker :)

.jpg