rsager8970

Credit Card Dishonored for no reason

Not trying to rain on the parade, but I always do paper apps, with a money order attached. If everything is filled out correctly, there will be no complications. I will triple check each application I fill out. I am freaky about it! :P

• Like 1

It turns out that Bank of America denied the charge 3 times on 3/29/12 even though I had sufficient funds in the account. I am trying to figure out why.

Bottom line sounds like AZGFD did all they could. I am following up with the Bank figure out why they denied the charges.

It turns out that Bank of America denied the charge 3 times on 3/29/12 even though I had sufficient funds in the account. I am trying to figure out why.

Bottom line sounds like AZGFD did all they could. I am following up with the Bank figure out why they denied the charges.

As I said before, it's probably because it was a Debit card. This thread should be called "DEBIT Card Dishonored because it was a DEBIT card." Credit cards and debit cards are not the same thing, even though that little VISA symbol may make folks think otherwise. The banks get leery of allowing large internet purchases against checking funds. Most of the times it isn't an issue, but it sucks those few times when it is. I bet that most of the rejected cards were debit cards.

Not trying to kick you when you're down, but the more guys that can learn from this the bettter.

• Like 1

Funny thing is I feel worse that my son didn't draw his Cow tag. I am hoping to use 9 pts in Colorado to hunt Mulies in Unit 61! It wasn't meant to be...probly would have got a broadhead in the eye or something...lol!

Funny thing is I feel worse that my son didn't draw his Cow tag. I am hoping to use 9 pts in Colorado to hunt Mulies in Unit 61! It wasn't meant to be...probly would have got a broadhead in the eye or something...lol!

That is a major bummer. I did have the same problem in the New Mexico draw once. Fortunately, the second time my card was hit it went through.

I used a Visa debit card and there is no possible reason why it would have been rejected. Every other transaction has worked on that card this month and there was always a sufficient balance to cover the cost of the tag.

The wierd thing is when I first checked it said I would have drawn my second choice and when I just checked it shows that I would have drawn my first choice.

What options do I have? It appears that not only did I lose out on the draw due to a mistake on their part I lose my preference point for the year and probably my loyalty point. I think I need to take a trip to the office and see what explanation they have to offer but I am sure it won't change anything.

I guess paper aplications are the only way to go.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I just got off the phone with Bank of America...they had problems with their debit card processing on 3/29/12 and it was fixed the next business day. They said "We appologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

Not trying to rain on the parade, but I always do paper apps, with a money order attached. If everything is filled out correctly, there will be no complications. I will triple check each application I fill out. I am freaky about it! :P

Me too

Uhg... Same thing happened to me.

I was planning on just purchasing bonus points but I changed my mind at the last minute and put in for a 6B archery bull tag.

I usually mail in a money order but since it was last minute I charged it to a prepaid Visa card I use for online purchases. What a mistake!

When I checked my draw results I expected to see "unsuccessful", instead I saw "rejected-credit card dishonored". I'll have to call the CC company later and find out what happened, hopefully I can save my loyalty point.

Shouldn't loose your BP's. They charged you $7.50 the day you typed up the app, since you paid the app fee you should get bonus point(s), the disallowed charge was for the elk permit, should be treated same as not drawn.