Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Best arrows

I agree alum. arrows are almost prehistoric now, anyway I love Williams I like to hunt unit 8, got some friends up there I visit now & then. I ordered a dz blackhawk 4000's but I'll have to check out the cx 400.

Hey muliehunter, whats your friends names.

I've lived here my whole life, so I might know them.

Hey muliehunter, whats your friends names.

I've lived here my whole life, so I might know them.

Wayne & Bonnie Risenhoover they live on Quaterhorse, right down from a little bed & breakfast place.

i shoot the easton axis, i like them alot, they fly like little darts for me. i know they just came out w/ one called a full metal jacket, and i think they are cheaper than the acc's, they might be worth a look. i guess they are the normal axis in a metal jacket, not sure how they are different from the acc

I am an ACC fan. Tough to beat.

While some of the better all carbon arrows are comparible to ACCs as far as straightness, most serious target guys reject 1-3 of the carbon arrows per dozen because the spine is inconsistent. Most average shooters won't identify the inconsistent arrow(s). My fear that is the one I would use for the shot at an animal near my maximum range would be the one that has a different spine and potentially cause a poor hit.

That is why I spend the extra $$$.

I have shot the Blackhawk version of an ACC. They do not have as good of a finish on them, so they stick in targets and get residue on them easier, other than that I cannot tell the difference. For hunting only I would consider going with the Blackhawks. For all around shooting I stick with ACCs.

traveler, thanks for the info on the black hawk version of the accs, thats good info. to know as I am still considering the acc arrows ,I am trying the blackhawk vapors now, arrived at the post office friday. :lol:

MULIE HUNTER- I JUST PUCHASED A DOZEN BLACKHAWK VAPOR CARBON 4000'S THAT ARE FLETCHED AND READY... THAT MEANS THE HUNT IS NEAR AND THE PRACTICE TIME IS ALL THAT MORE IMPORTANT.

FOR THE PRICE THESE ARROWS ARE TOUGH TO BEAT.. GOOD LUCK ! :lol:

AzP&Y

doug

MULIE HUNTER- I JUST PUCHASED A DOZEN BLACKHAWK VAPOR CARBON 4000'S THAT ARE FLETCHED AND READY... THAT MEANS THE HUNT IS NEAR AND THE PRACTICE TIME IS ALL THAT MORE IMPORTANT.

FOR THE PRICE THESE ARROWS ARE TOUGH TO BEAT.. GOOD LUCK ! :D

AzP&Y

doug

I'll amen that!!! I'm doing my best to get ready, practicing in the cool of the evenings , I agree though I don't think you can beat the blackhawks for the money they seem like a solid arrow for the price. :(