cosninocanines

Kaibab Forest Travel Management Plan

Roads that are black and white checkard are going to be shut down?

No, simply put, if the road is not on the map it is closed. Only the roads indicated on the map are open.

Interesting. The final order for Agriculture's forest service was published at the end of Mr. Obama's first year in office. Wonder how long it took to reach that stage, and if the orders for agencies in Interior and other departments had the same time frame?

I repeat my previous question. These roads on the public's lands have been around for decades. Why the rush to close them now?

Bill Quimby

Bill,

I read this when it first came out, I think the actual rule was published in 2005 or 2006. It was based on executive orders from the 1970's.

Sycamore

You guys, please help get this fixed by being a pain in the neck. Write and call your politicians and the district rangers and forest supervisor and inform your neighbors. We can get this changed but they are banking on people not putting the effort into complaints. The roads that were closed and crazy 30' camping rule was decided by the few policy makers that don't spend time in the forest they manage. The field workers are embaresed and upset with what is going on and need help making the forest supervisor and district rangers not want to deal with it. The kaibab did not follow the intent of eliminating cross country travel and getting rid of new wood cutter roads that popped up. Don't let them get away with it.

" public input"...when did that take place and where? Nobody I know had any input...or was it confined to those who agreed with the predetermined agenda?