Sign in to follow this  
SilentButDeadly

Who pee'd on my antler?

I've found several fresh sheds in the last few weeks, and all of them reek of urine. Does the buck urinate on his own antler after he sheds it? Or perhaps is another buck urinating on it to try and mark his territory?

Probably a coyote or fox marking his territory, because they smell a different smell off the antler.

Weird though, maybe epperson has found a different way to collect sheds.. :) :lol:

I've found several fresh sheds in the last few weeks, and all of them reek of urine. Does the buck urinate on his own antler after he sheds it? Or perhaps is another buck urinating on it to try and mark his territory?

Can you post a pic of them sheds?

The bottom pair have 11 inch G2s. The two in the upper left appear to be from the same buck, different years. The rest are all singles, couple of them old - 6 are fresh and stink.

As far as the stink goes, I haven't smelled fox urine before. I would say that the smell doesn't quite resemble that 'fresh band-aid' smell that I attribute to buck urine (maybe you think it smells like something else, but to me it is band-aids)...

Thanks for the help.

post-1107-1149725385.jpg

Nice pickups. Strange about the urine smell. Can't wait for a good explanation for this.

It was prolly your wife............who resented you spending too much time out in the hills rather than with her.

NeoL, Them are some sweet sheds you got there :blink: The pee smell I aint got a clue on what would do that...Thanks for sharin.

It was prolly your wife............who resented you spending too much time out in the hills rather than with her.

Chrissy, If only you had a wife...Or even a REAL female companion (the life like ones dont count) You would know better to post crap like this.....

It's prolly your wife. Cause you spend to much time in the hills.

See now that is dang good sarcasm.

LOL

Dan

I know this thread has been hijacked and is being flown to Cuba, but.........this one's for you .25-06. I just changed my sig............just for you. You should feel privileged that I respect your input! I need to talk to you about which of the 4 ladies at work I should try out first.............

Awesome sheds man!! 11" G-2s!?!?! dang! I'd say that's it's probably fox pee. One spot in 21 I was shed hunting about 4 years ago I found 11 sheds in one day and most all of the fresher ones either had fox pee or poo on them. I think he knew where every shed was on that ridge. That pee is a wicked nasty smell too. I didn't realize it till the warmth of my hand kinda heated it up and it got sticky and stinky! Nasty suckers!

Here is a better pic of the 11" G2's, the main beam is 17.5 with a base circumference of 4.5... I'd estimate him scoring around 105 (maybe 110 if he didn't have a broken G3 on his left side).

It was one of those 'holy crap' moments when I saw the first one on the ground. I wonder what it would have felt like not to have not found the other one... I'd probably still be out there wandering around looking for it.

post-1107-1150339147.jpg

Dude those are awesome!!!!!! Thanks for showing a better pic of that set.... JEEZ that's a sweet buck!! Fantastic finds man!