jmwarren65

Mount Options

Any ideas or suggestions for non-traditional antelope mounts? I don't have space for a shoulder mount in my home office so I am interested in learning of other alternatives.

These pics are off my cell phone so aren't that good, plus, my wall isn't this yellow! Weird!

This is an archery buck I killed and wanted something special done with em'. My buddy Bret at Game Trail Taxidermy got very creative and did his magic for me.

He took the biggest muley shed I've ever found and inserted threaded rods into the tines then into the table and secured them. The mount is then secured to the antler and is free standing off of it! At my old house I had this mount in front of an interior window so you could see it was freestanding on the antler and he added painted fake rock material on the back of the mount so it looks finished from behind as well.

antelope1.jpg

antelope4.jpg

antelope6.jpg

antelope3.jpg

I've had tons of people that have seen it in person amazed at how it appears the antler is magically standing on the table! Bret was very careful in making it so the supporting rods aren't visible and with 3 points actually bolted to the table it is very sturdy.

antelope5.jpg

antelope2.jpg