IA Born

Got My Iowa Buck Back

Some of you saw the results of my Iowa archery deer hunt from last October/November. I thought I would provide an update with photos of the taxidermy I just got back a couple of weeks ago.

About 4.5 weeks ago, as I was driving back to Flagstaff from a meeting in Phoenix, I get a phone call from my taxidermist in Iowa letting me know that by the time I send him a check, my buck will be ready to ship and it was a couple of weeks earlier than he expected. Check went in the mail the next day, but with my work schedule the way it has been, coordinating a time when I was actually around made it 3 more weeks before I could get the deer. sick.gif So my taxi shoots me a text on 7 May with the tracking number for FedEx and the tracking info says the package will arrive last Wednesday, 9 May with signature required. No problem, I know my boss will let me work from home so I can be there. To confirm, I checked the tracking info Tuesday morning when I got to my office and it says the package will be shipped that day sometime. A quick phone call to FedEx to try and get it rescheduled or delivered to my office tells me the package is all ready loaded on the truck and I'm basically SOL. Fortunately for me, I lost a "discussion" with my wife over hiring a cleaning lady and the cleaning lady was there Tuesday afternoon when FedEx arrived. To say I'm happy with the work Rick did is an uderstatement. Thanks to Wayne (Bowman) for getting me in touch with him.

Our living room is a completely open floor plan (both stories) relying mostly on ambient light from the big picture windows so I had to go up to the 2nd floor outside my kids' rooms to take the best photos.

post-4869-0-54049900-1337638116_thumb.jpg

post-4869-0-52743300-1337638150_thumb.jpg

And a close up from below of the detail:

post-4869-0-16612400-1337638195_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to having an elk to put next to it after this September and I'm getting motivated to get my Coue's whitetail mounted (just a skull plate plaque now) to keep this one company so I can have 2 whitetail subspecies on one wall.

That's a nice mature buck for sure. How much did it weigh? Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ