Awesom story. Makes you really think about how short life really is and how we don't take the time to do things we should be doing. I see a trip in the future!

thanks garth for the tears you brought me.I too need to remember and make more quality time with my dad. may the lord guide us to be better fathers and sons.mike

Monday my father was in town for a Doctors appointment and he brought with him my wife's 257 Roberts that he had just finished restocking. She had broken the original stock this past deer season in a fall. The broken stock was one that he had also made. He remarked that we are on our own now and that he probably is going to quit once he's completed the waiting list. The finality of that comment crushed me, the end of an era. I have hunted since a boy with rifles carved in AAA walnut and my dad threatened to disown me if I ever brought one of those "tupperware" stocked rifles around.

After taking my third Az. pope and young bull, and my biggest my dad was stunned at my success as a bowhunter. I replied "dad, you taught me everything I know". He replied, "I never taught you to bowhunt". And I said "No, but you lit the fire in my heart". He was very pleased.