Sign in to follow this  
Lookin4amonster

EB7 & Extreme Elk

A few months back I posted a video on here that I was promptly asked to remove by our good friend Steve Chappell. See I was so amped to share the greatest experience of my life with you all, but at the same time, so was Steve, but he wanted to save it for DVD.

In September of last year, I was lucky enough to attend a unit 9 muzzleloader hunt with a really close family friend Allen "Grizz" Samuelson. As you all know this is one of the most coveted tags in the world, and just being invited to join in is a privilege itself. On this trip, we were also blessed to have met Steve & his brother-in-law Vic who offered to guide us onto some large bulls, and furthermore, videotape the whole thing. Needless to say, we had a hunt the next morning that couldn't have been scripted any better if you tried. I still shake & smile every time I look back on that morning.

Anyways, the point of this post is to let you guys know that you can see this hunt and relive the story with us as well. The hunt is the last video shown in Chappell Guide Services "Extreme Bulls 7", and I promise, it's the last hunt on there for a reason. It is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience! The hunt story can be found in the new Extreme Elk Magazine (Volume 1, Issue 2). I am in no way paid to post this, I'm just a proud hunter who loves sharing his good fortune with others.

Again though, thanks a ton to Steve Chappell for helping us live out this dream, and if any of you are looking for a guided hunt in the future. I highly recommend giving Steve & his crew a ring.

Thanks,

-Ryan

*pictured is Grizz & I with the trophy bull*

SamnI.jpg

Nice looking bull. Extreme Bulls 7 is out and I would think that Amanda would be stocking is soon with the others she has offered. I couldn't wait so mine is due to arrive soon from Steve.

Great bull! Why did they not show the score of that bull on the video? What did he end up scoring?

Great bull! Why did they not show the score of that bull on the video? What did he end up scoring?

The bull scored 355 1/8 on the ground.. with a tag like that we wanted to hold out for something a little bigger, but in a situation like that with a unique bull like this, you almost have no choice but to pull the trigger.