ScottAdams

Massive Forest Fire

A huge mushroom cloud developed off to the East of Morenci this afternoon. By the time I made it out with my camera it looked more like a smoke plume. Apparently there is a huge fire burning in the Gilas. I took a few photos from town. The fire looks to be East of Glenwood and North of Silver City.

L1010171crp.jpg

L1010167crp.jpg

Scott

Hey Scott, I am always amazed by your pic's! You use a Leica camera don't you? If so, what model is it?

Even those pics of you guys out fishin were awesome, your pics are always very sharp and the colors always look right. That looks more like a volcano erupting than a fire, unfortunately it looks like it is a bad fire. Thanks, JIM.

I could see the cloud from safford today. It looked like a rain cloud. I even asked someone if there was rain in the forcast. That pic doesn't do it justice, that cloud was huge.

I have to agre with COOSEFAN, all of your pictures are great.

I am praying for rain for all of us, we need it.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos. I use a Leica Digilux 2 camera. It does take some very nice photos.

Thunderbolt is right, that cloud was huge. The first time I saw it I thought is was a big thunderhead and then realized it was smoke. It doesn't look good for the forests remaining open. I have a trip planned to Big Lake July 13th. I hope we see some relief by then.

Scott

Yes there is a fire burning I live in silver but the smoke does'nt look like that from here. It's more hazy and less puffy. Those are sweet pictures! :ph34r:

Its called the Bear fire. Burning east-north east from Bearwallow Mountain. Evacuations took place yesterday including Willow Creek and Snow lake campgrounds and area ranches. It burned over 7000 acres from noon yesterday to 7:00am this morning. Gonna have the yellow shirts spread thin!

Kevin