azryan

future in hunting for Az

alls i can say is no one is gonna stop coming here...i just say make the best of it however old you are. Just enjoy what we have right now....im always hopeful that it could get better in the future....u just got to make the best of it now....cuz they are gonna be a lot of changes

alls i can say is no one is gonna stop coming here...i just say make the best of it however old you are. Just enjoy what we have right now....im always hopeful that it could get better in the future....u just got to make the best of it now....cuz they are gonna be a lot of changes

It isn't all doom and gloom buddy, and don't let anyone tell you it is. If we can get all of the groups together and we all agree on the same thing there is no way that things will get worst. Hunting is one of the biggest money making businesses in the USA and that reason alone will make life in the future as good or better than it is today. It wasn't until about 15 years ago that people started noticing that hunting is big business and that they wanted a piece of that money pie--sure, it might get more expensive as time goes on and yes, we might have more people that we will have to compete with for tags but hey, at least we will still have the chance to hunt.

Many of these fine folks have given you some great advise and i would also tell you to get involved with some groups--but i would also caution you to not get species specific while getting involved. That doesn't mean that joining the AES or the ADA would make you species specific but just make sure you keep the big picture in your mind. The wildlife habitat in this state needs all the help it can get and if you can get involved with any group that does habitat improvement then i would say you are on the right track.

Now, that all said, it might be a great time for the youth of Arizona to get together and get some kind of a youth sportsman group started all on their own--sure, you could ask for help from all of the other groups and i am sure they would all like nothing more than to help a youth group. You seem to be very concerned and all i can say is get involved and don't let others make decisions for you that you are not a part of.

Remember, it was very, very bad before Theodore Roosevelt stepped in way back then and i am sure there were youngsters back then that felt that they would never see an animal again but look at where we are now compared to back then and you will see that things are actually getting better--not worst.

Keep a positive thought going, get involved and help make the future even better!!

hey thnx for all this...i want to get a group started that would be awesome. I know things will be good and bad its just how you deal with it that makes the difference...im excited for the future just gotta keep that attitude and things will be awesome

Just don't mention Carp, mechanical vs. Fixed, baiting, highfence, ted Nugent, GW Bush, Immigration, USO, piles of sticks(remember treestand?), crossbows...

Lets see did I miss anything????

Jason

Whats wrong with USO I book hunts with them all the time. NOT!!!!!! :lol:

downthebarrel17, Welcome once again. I think the next 5 years or so will tell a lot. I for one feel that what we enjoy "I hate the word "SPORT" will get to the point were the average guy will not be able to afford to hunt. You know the population will continue to grow but I do not think jobs in the state will keep up and the growth should slow down. I hope. We keep growing Monster Bulls and Huge Bucks here and we will never get drawn or be able to afford it! LOL!!!! :D

http://www.gf.state.az.us/inside_azgfd/doc...nalAgenda06.pdf

This is the next commission meeting, I am planning on being there as of right now is anyone else going.

Saturday, June 24, 2006, Arizona Game and Fish Commission at Embassy Suites 2577 W. Greenway Rd. Phoenix, Arizona, 85023

Meeting begins at 8:00 a.m.

Downthebarrel,

I think as mentioned above,it is not all gloom and doom.I hope my comment's did not get you to down. There is still some good hunting out there to be had.

Noel

i remember when i was a kid everyone was predicting that hunting wouldn't last but a few more years and the same things that have been said on this thread were said then. opportunity to hunt has become a premium, but it ain't dead. more and more hunters, less and less opportunity. doesn't matter what condition the range is in or what the animal numbers are, when the population keeps increasing and Az. keeps producing big animals that attract nonresidents, opportunity is gonna decrease. but as long as there are good folks who want to get involved and hold management's feet to the fire and as long as dads teach their kids what a great thing the outdoors is, this rite will survive. hunting is bigger than any politician's agenda and bigger than any game manager. my only advice to young hunters is to hunt. hunt every chance you get. be passionate about it. and when there are no hunting seasons open, then fish. and when you get old you can carry the torch for the kids that come after you. Lark.

thats all some good advice...im not getting down about the future hunting it just is gonna be sad if things do get really bad...because we all enjoy hunting so much...if there isnt much chance to get to go hunting it will just be sad...but hunting isnt the only thing to do to have to enjoy the outdoors...there are plenty of other fun things to do...heck, i enjoy hunting but it wont kill me if i cant kill an animal....the reason i enjoy hunting so much is that i get to be in the outdoors and enjoy all of the land and smells :lol: i dont have to kill an animal for it to be a sucssesful hunt... i just love being in the outdoors...that wont chage