I have a couple of these JHP homebrew cams too! Made 1 last season and 1 the season before. Found the one that faced NE to work quite well, but that was in the winter before the late hunt. Some decent photos of does and a couple nice bucks at night.

I built the 35mm and did each for less than $50 each. Soldering is a pain and I did toast 1 cannon owl in the process. Still thinking on the digital.

Will try to scan and post some of these in the near future.

For those of you that build your own trail cameras you may want to take a look at this website. www.pixcontroller.com

They sell a circuit board that can be wired to a camera or camcorder that has a PIR intergrated into the board already. It cuts out a lot of of the electronic jargon and wireing that not so smart guys like myself can't handle. It may cost a little more than doing everything from scratch but it really simplifys the process.

I'm going to take a run at building a video trail cam with a camcorder and there video control board.

I apologize to the F&G officer for getting after you for checking out my salt. I've changed my mind. With hunting, everyone is entitled to hunt wherever they want. There is no such thing as claiming a spot weather it be salt or water or whatever.