Sign in to follow this  

I drew a Unit 26 late November hunt. Very stoked!! I was hoping someone might be able to give a few places to look into. I know there is a lot of Private land in this unit so thanks for anything that might help. C.A.

With all of these guys needing input on New Mexico you ought to have a great year crazyaboutcoues with your service, welcome to the site Colorado Archer, here is a link that might help.

http://www.gilawildernesshunting.com/

26?...in New Mexico....right next to 27....Just Kidding. It is in the SW corner bording Mexico and Unit 27. I'm assuming you don't have a lot of details for me in the area>>>LOL

Not sure but I think you will be looking to the Animas mountains area. Only problem is that I think there is a lot of private land around there and not sure what kind of access you will have to the mountain range. Good luck. CB

Welcome CO Archer. Like KGAINES says check with Tommy (crazyaboutcoues) he has a great scouting service in NM. He can more than likely point you in the right direction.

go to gillespie mts and hueco mts,

we have shot some nice buck! 3 of them are muleys! we only saw coues does , no buck so

some ranchers r so butt! they carry rifle! so be careful

good luck

vinihunt

Colorado Archer, unit 26 does hold some good bucks both Coues and muley. Here's a muley I took out of there a few years ago.

ScottNM2001IIb.jpg

Scott

Scott,

That is a beautiful deer. I am trying to focus on Coues but sure wouldn't pass up a buck like that!

Did you find it a tough unit to hunt with all the private land issues or is there still plenty of D.I.Y opportunity on public land?