Sign in to follow this  
huntjunkie

My Deer, well whats left!

Heres the culprit! This bear found my deer before I could get it out. I left to pack the first load out and when I returned I found him having dinner. So I did the smart thing :blink: and..... I stalked within 15 yards while he was eating. Hearing him snap the ribs as he would break them off sounded like a 22 shot. Then hearing him chew the bones.... oh man! I had a archery tag but guess what i packed out in the first load? Yep. My bow.

Love the color. Looks like he has socks on the front paws.

I hope we meet again in Sept.

post-5179-0-22949500-1340689145_thumb.jpg

post-5179-0-72679900-1340689421_thumb.jpg

post-5179-0-20525100-1340689427_thumb.jpg

Great pics! From that angle, the bear looks like a grizzly! Let the air out of him and make sure ;)

Thanks, I didn't need another taxidermy bill at that time anyway. Depends on who you ask and what you consider bait(as we have seen several times on this forum) lol. Did i intend it to be bait? It was my deer, I planned on eating it. Im sure GF has a different opinion. Thats fine. I don't need " bait" I've got several pics of him. He's a frequent visitor on my cams.

• Like 1

We all know Stan that you had no intention on packing that buck out 9 miles! lol Just mess'n. By the way that's the bear I'm going to kill this year!

You can shoot it. I'll even do all the work(scouting etc..) heck I'll skin it and pack it out. But you have to use a bow. Lol! Your probably shakin right now!

Awesome pix! Sorry about the lost deer.

Here's one my buddy shot on the Navajo a few years back right at sundown. Found it in the morning, "bearly". LOL.

post-478-0-16570200-1340768342_thumb.jpg