stanley

Annual Southern Utah Camping Trip!

For the past several years, we've been meeting-up with an old college friend from SLC for an annual family camp-out in Southern Utah (or sometimes So. Colorado..). We spent 4 full days camping, fishing, exploring, and having fun in the Navajo Lake area, which is SW of Panguitch, Ut. Unfortunately my wife was too busy with her business and could not get away to join us, but we had an outstanding time anyway.

Here are a few pics:

Rest stop @ Glen Canyon on the way-up. Guess which kid didn't want to pose for the pic! :o

Resting%20at%20Glen%20Canyon%20Dam%201.jpg

Looking off of the bridge at Glen Canyon. Don't jump!!!!

No%20jumping%20allowed.jpg

Happy to be out of the desert & at the campground!

Happy%20to%20be%20out%20of%20the%20desert.jpg

Two boys and a horny toad. :)

Erik%20Isiah%20and%20Horny%20Toad.jpg

Caught a few fish out of Duck Creek lake, which is close to Navajo. Pretty easy fishing on night-crawlers for the kids. Good fun! :D

Proud Fisherman!

Happy%20fisherman-copy.jpg

A fish out of Navajo Lake. The kids just had a blast catching some fish!!!

Two%20happy%20fisherkids-copy.jpg

There was a balloon festival going-on in Panquitch of the weekend. We didn't drive down for any of the early morning flights, but went to the 'balloon glow' on Saturday night. They closed off US89 right through town and lined a bunch of the baloons up. Then when it got dark, then would fire them-up. It was quite a sight, and the kids had a great time!

Kids & balloons!

IMG_0265-copy.jpg

Balloons glowing....

Big%20Balloon.jpg

I love to cook outdoors, and we generally eat like kings/queens when we camp/hunt/fish. This trip was no exception with brauts, fried chicken & mashed potatoes, pork tenderloin, venison back-straps, enchiladas, and all of the fixins served on any given night (and lots of fresh trout along the way... :blink: )

Filleting (sp) some fresh trout!

Cooking%20fresh%20trout.jpg

Peach cobbler in the dutch oven! A BIG hit!!! :)

Peach%20Cobbler%20for%20Desert.jpg

Kids chowing down! Eat all of your dinner if you want some of that cobbler!!! :lol:

Eating%20another%20great%20dinner-copy.jpg

Finally, a good night kiss from my little sweetie (and future hunter!).

Goodnight%20Kiss-copy.jpg

I can't wait until next year!!!!!

S.

:lol:

Stanley,

Sound's like you had a great time. We usually do the same trip every summer. Last summer we camped around Panguitch Lake. There is a part of the creek below the lake and above the town,that you have to walk in.If I remember correctly the resident's called that part(the Gorge).There is some great brown trout fishing.We used to do the southern Colorado trip,but I like Utah better because you can find place's to get away from the big crowd's.

Noel

That is cool!

Looks like you all had a great time!

You sure put a smile on my face.

:P

Looks like you and the family had a great time, God Bless.

Thanks all, we had a good time for sure!

Noel, I've never been down into 'the gorge', but we might have to try it sometime. I've done some deer hunting a little north of Panguitch Lake in the past, but have not been in that area in quite some time. Seems like there is soooo much area to explore in those mountains, that we have a hard time getting to all of it. We'll do our best as the years come though! :P

S.

:D

Stanley,

There are ton's of area's up there that I want to explore. Another pretty area is Fish lake to the north. The only drawback is it is farther from Arizona.I am having withdrawl pain's this year because we can not go this summer due to other vacation's.

Noel

Hey Stanley. Great stuff. Looks like you all had a great time!

Gotta love getting the kids outdoors for alittle camping and fishing :blink:

Looks like a great time had by all.