Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

practice

how much do you practice? I'm about 3-5 times a week just depends on how busy my week. I do have a range in my backyard which makes it a lot easier.

just curious what everyone else does?

You are shooting quite a bit more then most people. I shoot 2 to 3 times a week and shoot a lot when i practice. Most people dust their bows off the week before their hunt and only practice a few times before they go. I shoot year round at ben avery even during the summer. I'm normally the only one out there until august hits.

Up till now, 3 X a week. about 3 or 4 dozen a session. But now it's July and I have bout 10 weeks till Elk. Gonna pick up the pace. It also helps that I have some acreage so I just step out the garage door and can shoot multiple ranges, as close or far as I want.

I shoot five days a week, 30-50 arrows a day, alternating each day between my compound and recurve.

Brian

3-4X a week. At least 40-50 shots depending on how many I can get in before the heat or the lack of light sends me in the house

I was shooting my recurve since January off and on, then when I got my assasin I went to every day. Just in the backyard, so 25-30 yards tops. Then on Saturday I have been hitting Usery to shoot the further distances and trying my hand at the bag targets. I'm now down to jus two arrows so I'll need to hit a shop and get the others refletched this week.

Sun-Wedness day I bet I shoot only twenty or so times, and end with the last four or so shots being held for thrity seconds or so before shooting. Since I work at nights, I'm out back around two or three in the afternoon, the heat isn't all that bad. ;) At Usery I always seem to over do it, and shoot well past fatigue and pay for it for the next few days when I wake up!

3 arrows a day every day. As randy ulmer says its only the first shot that counts. If i keep the practice short ill do it every day

• Like 1

Off and on.

But with September 14 fast approaching I told myself I'm going to shoot everyday from now till then. I have 25 yards at home so I have been shooting in the am before work or after work.

I am lucky enough to have an archery range/3d course 4 minutes from my house. I go 2-3 a week, but I at least make sure to do reps pulling the bow back and holding it.

I also try to mix in some possible scenarios by getting my heart rate/breathing up by running a minute or 2, and then taking some shots. It helps me to know how long my recovery is should I be hiking in the hills or stalking in and need to be able to shoot.