Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Craigslist SCAMS

AND ... a couple more already ...

Man ... these SCAMMERS are relentless. Wished I had some way to track and trap them ...

Get them to send you a message using their email address. If you can obtain the "IP" , there are ways to find where they are located. You can also turn that info over to the FBI fraud division.

When i sell stuff on CL , I only use my phone number i do not respond to text or email if they want to buy it they need to call me directly and also do not talk about price over the phone till they look at it in person . Another thing to be aware of when buying something with a tittle is if the tittle shows it is free and clear of liens the only way to find out is go to MVD and do the transaction there i had a buddy that just bought a truck from some one and the tittle showed it was free and clear once he went to MVD to put tittle in his name they told him there is a child support lien for $10,000 on the truck and they could not put the truck in his name till it was payed and that it was a civil matter that he needed to take up with the person who he had bought the truck from.

There is my experience from craigslist through work....guy offers to buy/sell something...a meeting is arranged...buyer or seller then gets robbed at gunpoint for the cash or item....just another reason I won't use craigslist....

The only reason I even check the e-mails to to reply unpleasant things to the scammer. After you try to sell a few things the scams are so easy to spot it isn't even funny. Face to face for cash in a public place after a phone call is the only way to go. I also won't drive further than a mile that my house to sell something. I made the mistake of driving half way across town to sell some rock climbing gear. I put four pictures of it in the ad, and said it had been sitting in my closet for 6 years. When the turd saw it he said he was looking for something newer. I felt like kicking him in the crotch region, but it was my fault for assuming he wouldn't be a moron. If somebody really wants to buy something they will drive to you.