Sign in to follow this  
soccerstar2013

whats your effective range?

Hmmm...

BowTech Destroyer 340 at 62# and 27.5" shooting 28" 65/80 CarbonTech Whitetails at 412Gr...BlackGold Flashpoint four (4) pins to 50!

• Like 1

I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT.

70 #'s

28 in draw

TruGlo sight.

When I got drawn for archery antelope last year I practiced like crazy and got comfortable out to 100 yards. I ended punching one in the lungs from 60. However since I'm not preparing as much for the archery deer hunts cause I try to get closer I would say 80 yards is pushing it for me. The deer you see in my avatar was my first archery kill and i got him at 70 yards

I guess I am like TJ and not like TJ. I shoot an old Pearson Spoiler plus at 74lbs, 29", 416 grn. Swhacker tipped arrow out to 80 but want to get under 60.

Guest akaspecials

I practice out to 100 yards (just larger than paper plate sized groups on average). I keep it under 40 yards on small game (pigs, turkey, etc.) and under 60 yards on deer sized game. I also only shoot if they are not looking at me.

Diamond Outlaw w/ a Trophy Taker Drop Away and the cheap sights that came with the bow

70#

28 inch draw

40-60 yards

Practice from 5-50yds but release a razor sharp BH at less than 25yds.

60" Black locust.

29" carrizo cane tipped w/ an Ole'school FB razorhead.

• Like 3

O.L. Adcock ACS Longbow

Grizzly 165 gr broadhead ahead of 345 granis of shafting -

Range out to 45 depending on the set up

RabidApache!

Finally someone that shoots a real bow!

O.L. Adcock ACS Longbow

Grizzly 165 gr broadhead ahead of 345 granis of shafting -

Range out to 45 depending on the set up

RabidApache!

Finally someone that shoots a real bow!

Thx! Elktrax.....I have a couple rock curled Grizzlies lying around in my shed from previous hunts. Grizzlies are my second choice for BH.....they're FAWESOME.

My effective range depends entirely on the situation. I've killed animals at 70 yards when conditions were perfect and I've also taken game at 7 yards. If the wind and the animal are calm, I have good footing, and no shakes, I'd take a "long" shot. If those conditions aren't right, I'll hold off.

Hoyt Vector Turbo @ 29", 71#'s.

472 grain arrow

Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg sight

Slick Trick Broadheads

I shoot a 55 pound martin hatcield recurve. Shot a martin hunter since i was 14. For elk im good at 35 yards. Anything else im comfortable at 30 yards. As long as i bave been practicing for a month prior to hunt. If the shot doesnt present itself well i eat it and wait.