Sign in to follow this  
HEADACHE

Bowhunters Happening 2012 with my Family

I Had to really do some sweet talking to get my family to go with me to the bowhunters happening this year... they really were'nt UP for it...

My Boys have only pulled their little stick bows a few times ever... they never really liked it much...I have tried... but they never really took to it.

My wife was sort of into it back when we were dating and I bought her a bow to shoot with me sometimes.... but she hasn't touched it in like 12 years! She was a tiny bit excited to go... but not the boys...

So the boys begrudgingly (and I mean begrudgingly) went along with me.... Chris, the younger boy, really, really didn't want to come at all!

Once we got signed in and checked our tickets for any prizes (none)We opened stephs bowcase up and noticed her arrow fletchings had rotted off! ha ha ha we stopped in to get a few arrows from JR@ Bull Basin.

Off we hiked up to course 2, (too many people backed up at course 1)

I would shoot, let the boys do the rangefinder, scoot up a little closer, then Steph would shoot, and then we'd get really close and let the boys shoot.

Nick, my oldest slapped his arm with his string... ouch! he wasn't happy at all now... hiked up a sweat, and then slapped his arm. he got better though.

Chris doesn't bother with the whole anchor and aiming thing... lets it rip! Ten ring! wow! he is now excited!

Hiked and shot all of course 2, and then half of course 4 as we made our way back to the truck....

The boys got better and better each time, and even started liking shooting the targets... we would guess the range and let them take turns clicking it... and laugh when we would miss or wound a target in a funny place.... Fun FunFun! I even took my video camera in case they ever wanted a good laugh someday...

As we got home, Chris (the one who didn't want to go at all!) asked me if I would take him again today! I said you betcha buddy! We went back today... he had such a great time that he said it was his best day ever in the outdoors!

Thanks guys for putting it all together and for those who went and helped out. This family has renewed their love for archery, and even gained another die-hard shooter... I am tickled!

here are some of the funny video's we took during our time up there.

Chris today

[media=]

[/media]

Chris yesterday

[media=]

[/media]

looks like ya guys had a blast coach! i went to that shoot last year and it was walking up a dirt road and shooting from the road and going to get the arrow and walking back to the road... it was not very fun. Looks like this year they set it up great! the Clints Well shoot a few weeks ago was set up crazy. the trailer where ya register was completely away from the archery trailers and the food. it was one little DUSTY road getting back in there. i liked it down by the buildings where people had room to relax after shooting a course and everything was in pretty close quarters. if its set up like that next year i will not be attending. NICE VIDS coach

Thank you so much for coming to the 2012 Bowhunter Happening. Your post just made all the hard work in putting on the shoot worth it. This is what the Bowhunter Happening is all about. We are so glad you and your family enjoyed the shoot. See you next year.

• Like 1

Looks like a great time with the family. Thanks for sharing. One day soon I will have my boys out there also!

• Like 1