Sign in to follow this  
Lance

What are used Docter 15x60 worth?

Hey guys! Does anyone know what a used pair of Docter 15x60 binoes are worth?

They look to be in good shape except the eye cups ane dry rotted off.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Lance

Lance, they can still be purchased new for $590. I sold mine last December for $475. They were in excellent condition and I included the $30 tripod adaptor. I owned them for 5 years but only used them for 4 seasons. The guy I sold them to knew he was getting a fair deal and I knew I was getting a fair deal. I would try and find out ahead of time the ability and cost of replacing those eye cups before I bought them. CB

Thanks SunDevil.

Anyone know where I should look for the eye cups? Were they made by Zeiss

I currently own and use a pair of Docter 15x60's that i bought off ebay for $400. I have also looked into replacing the eyecups as mine are in rough shape. I have only found one place that can replace them, and it is in Montana. The eyecups have to be custom fit which means you will have to send them off and wait. I chose to just deal with mine versus sending off the binos. If you want the email address to the place i found let me know and i will be happy to provide it!

Please do! Thank you very much everyone!

There is also a place in Las Vegas, I have had good luck with the turn around time. if you want more info let me know .......... Chris

Thanks for the PM Dotshot.

You bet Hunt4horns, thanks!

I AM LOOKING FOR A USED PAIR OF 15X60'S NOT WANTING TO SPEND MORE THAN 700.00 IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS LET ME KNOW, THEIR FOR A FRIEND AND I WANT TO HELP HIM OUT.

Red Rabbit or anyone else-

What is the quality of the Minox binoculars? I have only recently heard of them? How do they compare with the big names like swarovs and leica? Are they a good pair of bionos to start out on or not so good? :angry: