AverageJoe

Wyoming Antelope Application Process

Nope but we entered ours in yesterday, not sure what hunt Jason put us in for. Should be a fun one.

No vacation for me this year so I will be buying another point. Two points should get me a good unit in 2014.

WY NR antelope $700 special and $400 regular in 2014?

If WY HB0236 passes, nonresident fees may increase substantially in 2014. This may effect your point buying and application decisions.

"Looks like HB0236 non res tag fees will be as follows ANT $400 reg $700 spec, DEER $480 reg $780spec, ELK $650 reg $1250 spec plus $17 app fee plus any point fees."

That's a huge increase in tag fee's. It's not a huge suprise. With the economy in the dumps I support the Game & Fish doing what they need to keep everyone employed and wildlife cared for. I know it sucks, but as a state employe I know what it's like to go without state funding and support. I will continue to buy PP untill I have enough to draw a great unit!

Been too darn busy at work. Hope its not too late to get my app in. Want to take my son there, but have to work around his high school marching band schedule. basically I have the first week of october to get there, hunt, and return. Time to get my butt moving.

Ok - beware, here comes the zombie thread (Maybe it should be pinned).

So I am reviewing the NR Special PP Draw Report and it looks to me like last year in the special draw with 4 pts you could draw any tag. Am I reading this correctly?

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/Departments/Hunting/pdfs/DRAW_ANT_PP_NONRESSP_20140005880.pdf

Everyone wants the red desert area. I'm sure it's great, but for us Az guys even the red desert area doesn't compare to any Az unit. I'm just as happy to hunt a typical unit. All the Wyoming units have decent 70 inch goats. Thats fine with me! 4 points in the regular draw will get you into a lot of great units.

The red desert does have 90 inch bucks but they are rare. The taxidermist had a red desert tag the year before last and kevin's buck he took from 32 was bigger than the taxidermists red desert buck. With 4 points you are sitting nicely and can get an 80-85" buck without putting in for the special draw in many units