elkwrestler

Stolen cam

Had one of my cams stolen in unit nine this past week. Bushnell trophy cam. I just don't understand why a guy would do this unless he thinks this is going to keep me out of the area. Just pisses me off knowing these dirt bags won't get caught. I am looking for ideas to catch a thief. Got any?

Seems that even catching one on camera isn't enough lately. You almost have to catch them in person. Sorry about your camera and hope you catch the thief.

Wait there with a dummy camera beat the bajesus out of him. With an Obama mask on.

Ridiculous. I'm getting sick of hearing this. Makes me so mad, these people probably call themselves hunters. I only hope I can catch someone in the act.

• Like 1

buy a cheap cam and put it in plan sight and hide a cam that is pointing at the cheap cam :ph34r: and then you'll have your thief :D

• Like 1

What you can do is go further in, put them higher in trees, stay off well used trails, put them where poepe won't think to look for them. Thieves are opportunists, if they have to put alot of effort in it they probably wont take it. I had one cam this year with dozens of poeple on it. I'm positive that some on this site have seen it. The last week someone erased the pics off the card. I know cause I make sure cam is taking pics before I leave. There was no pic of me on there. Use tree stand steps and hang it high. make them work for it. If someone really wants it, they will get it. you just have to make it difficult. The steel boxes lag bolted to a tree are great. I don't care to pack that much weight, but it works. If you run cams long enough you will loose some.. Fact of life on public land.

I had one stolen as well. I went to check it last weekend and it was gone. It was lag bolted to a tree and inside a metal lock box. The thief busted the lock and left to metal box. I too will be hunting in the area for deer and for camera thieves. :ph34r:

I was up in 9 and got a guy on my camera maybe it's the thief? He got to my camera 1 hour before I did, I don't know if he say my camera or not. the picture I got of him is scratching his butt!

Had one of my cams stolen in unit nine this past week. Bushnell trophy cam. I just don't understand why a guy would do this unless he thinks this is going to keep me out of the area. Just pisses me off knowing these dirt bags won't get caught. I am looking for ideas to catch a thief. Got any?

What side east or west, I was on the east side, I have a steel cable with padlocks on mine. not to say if someone wanted it, they would find a way.

I was up in 9 and got a guy on my camera maybe it's the thief? He got to my camera 1 hour before I did, I don't know if he say my camera or not. the picture I got of him is scratching his butt!

I drove allot of roads my wife and I this last weekend, saw a couple of white pickups with horns in the back, with a quad. One of them were coming out of a closed road area with his truck.

My cam was on the east side. My cam was in a steel box I made and locked pretty good. It looks like two others had cams taken as well because the security box they had them in are still on the tree but cams gone.

If I do figure it out I will give him the chance to pay me for the cam or give it to me. If not, I will take it to the law and his picture will be on this site and many others in a split second

My cam was on the east side. My cam was in a steel box I made and locked pretty good. It looks like two others had cams taken as well because the security box they had them in are still on the tree but cams gone.

I know where that is I think, I haven't been their this year, but I was their last year, and they pried the lock box wide open!