elkwrestler

Stolen cam

Guest 300ultramag.

I was thinking how funny would it be if we got that dateline guy hansen?? "to catch a predator" he sets up a sting of theses guys yankin cams!!!!

If I do figure it out I will give him the chance to pay me for the cam or give it to me. If not, I will take it to the law and his picture will be on this site and many others in a split second

I Still like to do the blue paint stuff like banks do for robbers.When they open it up it sprays paint all over them, and doesn't come off. You would know then who stole your camera. I'm sorry about your cam, I'm going up this weekend to hunt, and i hope my camera is still their.

I had a data card stolen out of one of my cameras two years ago. I confronted the individuals but couldn't prove it. Told the youngsters (24 years of age) that if I had another problem in the area I would turn them into AGF and they could lose their hunting privileges. Haven't seen them in the area since!

Had one of my trail cameras stolen in unit 1, probably over Labor Day weekend. Whomever stole it had to first trip the camera and then walk out to get a tool to cut the cable lock.

My guess it was stolen by someone who knew the quality of the bulls in the area.

Another disappointment in people!

People really don't respect other peoples things I don't understand how they can just take another persons camera. I hate to hear about people getting there cameras taken makes me worried about putting mine up. It would defiantly take a lot for me not to do something if I was to catch someone in act of taking a camera.

I think I'm gonna get it for saying this. As someone who has run their own cams I hate to hear of them getting stolen as I know the time and effort that goes in to them so i feel for you and the stolen cam. But, last year I never saw a camera, tree stand, or salt more than a quarter mile off road and always near water. I have learned to never put my cams on water or well established trails less than a quarter mile from a road. I try to hide mine in areas around water and move them more frequently to capture the local wildlife. Biggest bonus of this is knowing how animals come and leave the area.

But all this mob mentality makes me worried to be near someone's cam and when I'm in the woods that's not something I should be thinking about. Let's not assume every hunter in your area is a thief. Let's face it I have seen up to 4 cams and 2 tree stands on single water holes before....some people are setting themselves up. Again I'm not condoning stealing but I am all in favor of a little more effort in cam placement. AND DON'T ASSUME IM A CAM THIEF IF I APPEAR ON YOUR CAM.

Pretty sure after this year the USFS will be stepping up their enforcement on leaving stuff unattended and there will be less and less cameras getting put up. Lets not forget G$F's new rule about water holes either as I'm sure that will be randomly but strictly enforced and will probably be looked upon as a source of revenue for them.

The days of being able to put out cameras in a lot of public areas with impunity are over.

Pretty sure after this year the USFS will be stepping up their enforcement on leaving stuff unattended and there will be less and less cameras getting put up. Lets not forget G$F's new rule about water holes either as I'm sure that will be randomly but strictly enforced and will probably be looked upon as a source of revenue for them.

The days of being able to put out cameras in a lot of public areas with impunity are over.

how many forest service guys have you seen wondering through the forest.... minus the fire crews?

I have never ever seen 1 where I go........ just don't put em near the road or obvious trails... or fence lines.

good luck finding mine!

James

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

What new rule is there regarding waterholes?

What new rule is there regarding waterholes?

it was about placing object or device on or near a waterhole so that it may keep the game animals away from the water.

Brian from G$F addressed this briefly in his reply under the Game and fish to ban baiting subject..... from what I gather it was from people actually putting chemicals in water sources to force them to use the waterhole they want to hunt... or put a radio at night near the waterhole so the animals will stay away and the shut it off when they come to sit the spot.

James