Sign in to follow this  
Chap2015

2012 Jr. 23 tag

Hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some insite or spots to check out in unit 23. This will be the first time i hunt this unit usually hunting in unit 33. But i would prefer spots to check out that hold more mulies rather than coues cause i have already shot 2 coues deer and would like to try for a change. Any info is helpful. Also check out under youth section to see my first 19A archery goat.

Thanks,

Preston Davis

What are your goals for the hunt? Are you trying to shoot something big or are you just looking to get your first muley? There are several areas where you can hunt and will see plenty of deer and you should be able to shoot something. If I were you, I would really look into the youth camp they have. There will be guys that know the unit really well helping out.

Thanks for the tips. I am just looking for my first mule deer noting special i mean if a big one comes along yeah i will take it. wish me good luck and ill post pictures!!

Preston Davis

We used to hunt 23 a lot and my dad pulled some nice coues out of 23. We used to hunt south east of Punkin Center in a range my Dad always called the Haystacks. We could alwasy find coues.