Sign in to follow this  
lonne

Winter Trail Cam in AZ

What happens to your trail cam when you leave it out all winter in AZ?

Batteries die?

My Bushnell Specs:

Operating Temperature is from -20 C (-4 F) to 60 C (140 F)

Storage Temperature is -30 C (-22 F) to 70 C (158 F)

I would think it rarely gets this cold in AZ unless there is a big snowball on the camera...

What are people's experiences?

Hey lonne, it all depends on what camera it is man. I know the trend for everything the more expensive the better, seems to be true in Trailcams also. I was given my first one last year around December for Christmas.It was a Primos Truthcam 35 worked well all January, and three months this summer. Then during the monsoons i waited for a clear day to set it up. Went and set it up, seemed like it rained on and off for 2 weeks strait went back three weeks later and it had toasted. Something to do with moisture getting into the SD card slot and ruining the cam. It was a bummer, and luckily it was still under warranty so I sent it back to Primos a month ago and was told they were out of stock and i would receive one when their was availability. I hate stuff that is unreliable like to the core, if its not reliable then its useless to me because the time you need something the most is when it breaks. I will buy only Stealthcam,(possibly bushnell), Covert, Cuddiebak, Reconx from now on. My camera was out in snow down in southern units and performed well, during Dec,Jan it seems rain is the silent killer ;)

Do you lag bolt yours in? If yes, do you have to back the bolt out a couple turns every once in awhile to keep the tree from growing around?