Sign in to follow this  
DCMHunter

They finally got me

On Wednesday before the archery elk hunt my wife and brother-in -law went out to check camera's and swap out cards. At that time everything was fine with this camera and we got some good pictures. On the third day of the hunt we went to hunt this area and found that some want-to-be JA elk hunter had taken my camera. The low life had to break the camera to get it and then left the mounting base still attached to the tree.

post-652-0-84578000-1348640581_thumb.jpg

post-652-0-23561000-1348640597_thumb.jpg

My question is what are these want-to-be's doing that they have to break and steel a camera just to keep ther photo from being seen? Any JA that would stoup to this leval can not call them selves a hunter or guide, just a lower than scum dirt bag. We saw several other hunters and guides in the area and are currently trying to find out who they are.

I had moved this cam at the beginning of the Deer hunt because someone else set a camera and ground blind in the saddle just above its location. And the area is big enough that I did not want to interfear with their hunt.

This camera would have taken a photo of this elk on the evening that this photo was taken because he was staning infront of the camera if it had been there when the arrow hit him

post-652-0-45869600-1348641262_thumb.jpg

To all low lifes out there If it is not yours don't take it

DCM

That truly sucks. I have those same exact cameras, and thought i had the same problem. That is until i found the camera about 40yds away.(bear jacked it). So got pissed and went back home and made boxes for each one i had. Needless to say two months later i saw at bass pro, and cabelas they actually make the housings for those spy point minis you have. Might want to check it out. Sorry yours got taken. Thieves always get thiers one way or the other, the good lord has a funny way of leveling the playing field.

I have boxes for about half my cameras. I got them off amizon. I serched the area and could not find the camera and the mount has no marks on it. I had elk work them loose in the mount but not completely off. There were fresh horse tracks infront of the camera with shoed feet so I know they were not ours.

DCM

Sorry for your loss,don't know what else to say.