Sign in to follow this  
hunterdude

Quikspin's

Has anyone used the Quikspin fletching? How do you like them and are they as good as they claim. Can you apply them with the Az easy fletch tool. I'm thinking about get some to try out, just wanted some feed back. Thanks :lol:

I have never used them, but from what I have heard they tend to slow down your arrow down range. That being said, they are also very accurate. I shoot blazer vanes, and love them. They stablize any broadhead that I have tried. :lol:

I have shot the heck out of them in the past two months. . . . trying to decide what flies best with my setup. My setup is a Mathews Ultra-2 with Easton Epic 300 Arrows, Tru Ball trigger, and savage rest.

I have been using the Quickspin 2.25 and boy do they spin the heck out of the arrow.

I have fletched them both helical and 1` offset for testing purposes.

I have compared their flight to the AAE 3 inch and 3 inch feather by gateway. All three shot very similar groups for me, the AAE and quickspin closest and cannot tell difference from 20-60 yards with field points.

The Quickspins are quiter than feathers and about the same as plain vanes.

What I have found is that using them with field points really really tightens groups.

But when you switch to broadheads (rocket steelheads in my case) they overspin and slow down if you have them fletched with the helical. If you shoot broadheads with 1` offset, it is hardly noticeable.

They are not very loud in my opinion.

I use the Arizona EZ fletch tool. they work fine with that, as long as you let the glue dry before you pop it loose, as it tends to grab the little spin kickers on the vane a little bit.

I like them . . . . I don't love them. . . . I am going to shoot them as they are until they pop loose or get torn off, then I'm going back to the AAE 3 inch vanes. Its funny how you often go back to what you KNOW to work and trust.

My two cents for ya. . . hope it helps.

Hey thanks for the info! Yea I know what you mean when you say you go back to what you know and trust. Hey Headache, do you hunt with those gals? If so we need to hook up and do some hunt'n.

I used them and did not like them at all, if you use a bisquit they'll ripple in less than an after noon of shooting. but in they put a spin on your arrow - and as ck said they do slow your arrow down, it all depends on shooters preference