http://morrisoninstitute.asu.edu/2012-understanding-arizonas-propositions/2012-prop-120-state-sovereignty-act

I am curious to where people stand on this.

trust the feds or trust the state.

maybe I'm miss reading this but this could be bad????

James

Vote yes on 120. The sate is where the power should be. Do you want your state or the idiots at the Fed controlling YOUR AZ land?

• Like 1

tell you the truth, I'm w/ the feds keeping it. More power, more law enforcement, more money with the feds holding on to it. I see state land as easier to prostitute.

Prop 120 could be a double edged sword. But would we really want the Feds to have control over our wildlife? If Anti's and enviro whackos start litigation at a Federal level, I feel things could get ugly?

I support Prop 120

From what I see, the most abused government land in Arizona has been the state trust land. Plus access is an issue unless you actively hunting.

Also, I know most of you on this forum are for Romney, and that is fine, but you better be vocal when he tries to go thru with his plan to sell off public land to reduce the deficit.

What prop 120 will do is what is already written in the US constitution. The lands were to be given back to the states. Screw the FED!

The enviro wackos can't sue the states like they can the feds......this prop would help put an end to the enviro's.

From what I see, the most abused government land in Arizona has been the state trust land. Plus access is an issue unless you actively hunting.

Also, I know most of you on this forum are for Romney, and that is fine, but you better be vocal when he tries to go thru with his plan to sell off public land to reduce the deficit.

they are already doing this all across the country.

I came across a website (I'll have to find it again) but there are buildings and 1000's of properties for sale or auction.

I came across it when looking for verbiage on some of the national forest laws.

James

What prop 120 will do is what is already written in the US constitution. The lands were to be given back to the states. Screw the FED!

I get it. most things should be handled at the state level,

but what protects us from another napolatano?

can the state sell off or do they have to go to the voters to get approval?

James

In actuality, State land is owned by the taxpayer. The State is just a steward of that land. Just as G&F is a steward of our wildlife. That does not mean the State won't make a bonehead deal with our land.

In actuality, State land is owned by the taxpayer. The State is just a steward of that land. Just as G&F is a steward of our wildlife. That does not mean the State won't make a bonehead deal with our land.

Having worked for the state land department for 5 years as one of the 6 land managers for over 9 million acres, the state land is not owned by the public, it is owned by the 7 trust beneficiaries, and is the same as private land. It is ALL UP FOR SALE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. The land department only manages it to get the most money out of it for the beneficiaries. If they had their way, we would have to by a hunting license and the $75.00 per state land access permit just to set foot on any state land.

Having worked for the state land department for 5 years as one of the 6 land managers for over 9 million acres, the state land is not owned by the public, it is owned by the 7 trust beneficiaries, and is the same as private land. It is ALL UP FOR SALE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. The land department only manages it to get the most money out of it for the beneficiaries. If they had their way, we would have to by a hunting license and the $75.00 per state land access permit just to set foot on any state land.

My mistake. Who is the trust beneficiary? If it is State land, and the state is run by elected officials, elected by taxpayers, with taxpayer dollars, how does it become private?

Found this info. Now I understand who the trusts are......I think? I always thought that "State Trust" land was land held by the State, with the public as the trust.

Lands are held in trust pursuant to the state enabling act and state constitution. Arizona has one of the most restrictive trust management requirements: trust lands and their natural products may be sold only to the "highest and best bidder at public auction;" all lands and leases must be appraised at their "true value" before being offered; and lands cannot be disposed for less than the appraised value. Lands are managed by the Arizona State Land Department under the direction of a state land commissioner who is appointed and serves at the pleasure of the governor. Beneficiaries

• common schools
  • universities – includes normal schools, agriculture and mechanical colleges, military institutes, school of mines, university land code, and University of Arizona
  • miners' hospital
  • school for the deaf and blind
  • state charitable, penal, and reformatory
  • penitentiaries
  • state hospital
  • legislative, executive & judicial buildings