Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Kimber 270 WSM Sold

This rifle is like brand new,. 30 rounds down the tube to season it. (Cleaned after each shot). It is a Kimber 8400 classic in what I think is the best "AZ caliber" 270 WSM. The rifle has the trigger professionally set to 3 pounds, is pillar bed, has a match grade barrel, and trigger.

I will include in the sale your choice of 30 mm talley rings, or Leupold 1 inch rings/ bases.

It currently has a Vortex 4-16 viper LR with turret, but i don't really want to sell the scope

This rifle is the ultimate backpack rig!

I will take $850 rifle with the rings/bases (scope not included)

Thanks,

Whitey

post-2950-0-39784300-1351455086_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How many shots down the barrel? How does it shoot? I have the same exact gun in .300 wsm and it is lights out! Used it in Africa, finally shot it again 2 days ago as my back up gun for this year. These are FANTASTIC guns!

KC, That's it. 30 rounds total ever... I sighted it in with the Vortex scope, and broke in the barrel as I sighted it in; cleaned after every shot. (Pain in the neck but they say it makes them shoot better for the long run) This thing is like new! Let me know if you know anyone looking for a rifle of this caliber... (No pun intended)

Whitey

Man, that is one SWEET rifle, in one of my favorite chamberings. Should go fast. Wish I were in the market for a new gun - that one's tough to beat.

Lionhuhter, I just took a Savage 14 American Std out with some handloads. I'm shooting 63 grains of IMR 4350 on 165 grain Accubonds. Just for comparison I brought my Savage "Field Police" rifle in 25-06. Much better trigger, 1” bull barrel.

The first time I actually saw “clover leaves” where every hole was touching another was out of this gun. (The 25-06)

I can honestly say, after burning a lot of powder and bullets at long range, the Savage 14 in .300 WSM shoots right along-side the 25-06.

Seems the “right balance” is getting a .30 cal bullet to do what the smaller bullets do. This gun costs a lot less than some of the scopes on high end rifles that I’d challenge in good hands to shoot as well as this one does.

I’m only good out to 500 yards and I know it. This gun, with hand loads can go way past that with practice.