shown with rainfly

BivyTent.jpg

shown without rainfly

BivyTentw-ofly.jpg

Doug~RR

Do you deliver?

Dan

Amanda,

I used it one night in 29 and my friend used it a couple of nights on one hunt in 21. It is real easy to set up; two poles and a minimum of two stakes on the ends; just a few minutes. The negative of a bivy is that you cannot sit up inside. When I used it, it rained all night with no leaks.

Dan,

UPS or USPS delivers cheaper than the gas would cost from Flag. I do not know when I will get to Phoenix, maybe a mid-week trip to Cabelas in a couple of weeks.

Doug~RR

Allright Rabbit how do you want the payment I will buy it and use at Reavis this fall shed hunting.

I can either mail a check or paypal.

Dan

RR,

What are you 'upgrading' to? I see you're releasing your're backpack gear for sale.

With all of the ultralight - waterproof shelters on the markets, bivysacks, single wall tents, wings, tarps and freestanding shelters the hunting overnight world is the limit.

One lantern I picked up has been fantastic, the brunton mantleless liberty piezo ignite. No more mantle issues and it works even after it's been wet. It weighs in at 8oz and used iso/propane fuel. Great tracking lantern if you've hit an animal and need some quick reliable light. It does give off a bit of a yellow hue though.

Nice elk pics..keep em' coming...

Doug

azP&Y

P&Y Doug,

I picked up the Eureka Zeus Exo 2 man. Single wall, easy to set up, like 3 lbs 10 oz. I wanted some more room to sit up and some gear than the bivy. The Exo has ventilation/condensation problems of a single wall, but should be OK in the desert southwest.

I am thinking about the Brunton stove. Sold an MSR Whisperlite (pre-shaker) in the garage sale for $10.

Kept a Coleman Peak One Exponent Apex which works well, but I will list it here later. Also a Moose bag and rifle carrier for an Alaskan frame.

the other Doug

RR

:lol: It's always good to 'recycle' the gear and look at new and innovative options.

I also sold my North Face Trek Bivy, too confining and just not enough room to stash gear and sit up.

I went with the MSR Trekker Tarp and Insert.. 40 square feet, 7 foot length 5 foot wide and weighs 2lbs.

The top shelter (rain fly tarp) weighs another 2.3 lbs and sleeps 2 comfortable with vestibules and zippers on each side. Add 2 trekking poles or MSR's wing poles and for around 5lbs you've got a bullet proof 3 season shelter with enough guy lines and points to withstand a winter storm....

I've heard nothing but GOOD things about Eureka tents and the Exo line.

I have the MSR pocket rocket and have heard good things about this brunton stove:

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=244

Iso pro fuel can be a bit tempermental at really cold temps , but lights without all the priming and burns with the same fury as white gas.

There is nothing like saving a few pounds when you climb in steep coues country for a backcountry coues experience!

Doug

AzP&Y

I could just see someone hiking around with one straped to his back out looking for coues deer. B)